ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud for open source developers
Red Hat® OpenShift lets developers focus on building applications, not on the infrastructure.
An auto-scaling platform as a service for developers
Red Hat’s OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) allows developers to quickly realize the benefits of the cloud by allowing them focus on their users and code instead of on servers and the stack.
OpenShift supports Java™ EE 6, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, Perl, and Python applications. It also has built-in support for popular middleware components like JBoss®, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and popular development tools like Maven, Jenkins, and Eclipse.
OpenShift is built on open source and open standards. This means you are never locked-in. Your application remains portable across runtime environments with OpenShift.
Getting started with OpenShift is fast, free, and easy. All you need is an email address. Once you sign up you're just minutes from being live on the cloud with access to dozens of prebuilt quickstarts on GitHub.
Benefits and features
- OpenShift supports a broad choice of languages, frameworks, middleware, datasources, and developer tools.
- Applications remain portable across runtime environments because OpenShift is built on open source and open standards.
- Developing and maintaining applications on OpenShift is easy. OpenShift relies on standard development tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, and IDEs like Eclipse to work the way you already know how.
- Try it now: Red Hat OpenShift
- OpenShift Enterprise PaaS Solution: the leading cloud application platform for the enterprise
- Deploying Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise PaaS for ITOps
- Whitepaper: Build a Private PaaS with Red Hat CloudForms and JBoss Enterprise Middleware
- New to cloud computing? Start here.