A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Event-Driven Development with Kafka has demonstrated the ability to develop applications using Apache Kafka and Apache Kafka Streams.
A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Event-Driven Development with Kafka is able to:
- Understand and work with event-driven applications with the AMQ Streams API
- Understand the Kafka ecosystem and architecture
- Understand and work with a Quarkus application connected to Kafka
- Provide and configure access to a Kafka cluster
- Provide and use the schema Red Hat Service Registry to decouple the data from the client applications, share, and manage the data types at runtime
- Understand, produce, test, and secure data-stream processing using the Kafka Streams API to perform an efficient management and real-time querying of application state
- Data integration with Kafka Connect
- Understand and use advanced event-driven patterns in applications based on Apache Kafka
- Troubleshoot most common problems in event-driven applications like maintaining message ordering, retries and idempotency, handling duplicate events, implement Streams test cases
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Event-Driven Development with Kafka credential is designed for:
- Java developers and architects who are implementing event-driven applications using Apache Kafka and Kubernetes.
- Red Hat Certified professionals who wish to pursue Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification.
In preparation to earn the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Event-Driven Development with Kafka, Red Hat recommends the following courses:
- Developing Event-Driven Applications with Apache Kafka and Red Hat AMQ Streams (AD482).