ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
How to build
Guide for building a better cloud
As an IT architect looking for the best path to the cloud, you’re probably suffering from cloud-information overload. Take a break from the hype.
Before you get locked in to a tightly coupled infrastructure that limits your future innovation, check out Red Hat’s practical guide to building a better cloud—an open hybrid cloud. Walk through how to build private and hybrid clouds with enterprise Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities using Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud solutions.
Start building from physical servers
- How do I choose the right long-term cloud technology strategy based on my critical business needs?
- How can I deliver self-service compute resources that aren’t tied to my virtualization technology (to simplify the management of running virtual instances)?
Whitepaper: Beyond virtualization to cloud
Build a cloud infrastructure
- How can I deliver public cloud-like efficiencies and agility for my computing resources, yet keep the reliability and stability of an enterprise-class datacenter?
- How can I stop the spread of shadow IT and control the integrity and governance of my infrastructure?
Datasheet: Build an open hybrid IaaS
- How can I help my developers create business-ready applications faster while retaining control over the operating environment and application management?
- How can I increase operational efficiencies while creating innovative business applications?
Datasheet: Build an enterprise PaaS
Best practices for cloud success
A checklist of the key success factors for building an enterprise cloud
Before you build, learn the essential success criteria for implementing clouds. These guides feature ITPI’s research of more than 140 enterprises who have deployed private or hybrid clouds.
Red Hat Cloud Services and Training
Get the most out of your cloud deployment
Don’t risk missteps when it comes to building your cloud. Let Red Hat® experts guide you every step of the way in your cloud deployment and evolution with a complete set of cloud services:
- Deploying Systems in Cloud Environments (CL260) course. Learn how to deploy virtual machines in a public, private, or hybrid cloud using Red Hat CloudForms through hands-on labs.
- Red Hat Open IaaS Architecture Service. Let our experts help you not only launch your cloud solution, but get the most efficiency, agility, and reliability out of it.