Deploying to OpenShift
For many organizations, a big part of DevOps’ appeal is software automation using infrastructure-as-code techniques. This book presents developers, architects, and infra-ops engineers with a more practical option. You’ll learn how a container-centric approach from OpenShift® can help your team deliver quality software through a self-service view of IT infrastructure.
Author Graham Dumpleton provides the knowledge you need to make the best use of the OpenShift container platform to deploy not only your cloud-native applications, but also more traditional stateful applications. Developers and administrators will learn how to run, access, and manage containers in OpenShift, including how to orchestrate them at scale.
Create a project and deploy pre-existing application container images
- Build application container images from source and deploy them
- Implement and extend application image builders
- Use incremental and chained builds to accelerate build times
- Automate builds by using a webhook to link OpenShift to a Git repository
- Add configuration and secrets to the container as project resources
- Make an application visible outside the OpenShift cluster
- Manage persistent storage inside an OpenShift container
- Monitor application health and manage the application lifecycle