노스캐롤라이나주 롤리 - —
Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that the call for papers for the fourth-annual Red Hat Summit, taking place June 18-20, 2008 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass., is now open.
The Red Hat Summit is an annual conference featuring hands-on workshops, demonstrations, technical and business sessions, solutions expos and opportunities to speak and network with the developers, engineers and partners behind Red Hat's leading open source software solutions. Bringing together customers, partners and members of the community in a global open source knowledge exchange, the Red Hat Summit also highlights keynote speeches presented by visionary industry leaders.
Submissions are being accepted for the following Red Hat Summit content categories:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Infrastructure: Focused on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform and related infrastructure solutions, including applications, virtualization, security, performance optimization and more.
- JBoss and Middleware: Focused on Red Hat middleware technologies, featuring platforms and frameworks for building and deploying web applications in a service-oriented architecture.
- Open Source: Focused on examining the current issues and future opportunities facing open source advocates -- the meaning of open source, how it's changing the software world and its effect on businesses, governments and society. Topics may include intellectual property, collaboration, best practices, Creative Commons and licensing.
- Emerging Technologies: Focused on the future of open source and Linux technology, where the Linux platform is being extended today and discussions on Linux and related open source technologies and projects from a long-term perspective.
- Business Perspectives: Focused on current and prospective customers who will discuss the value that Linux and open source bring to organizations, business trends, Red Hat partner programs and ways open source technology can help solve business problems.
"The Red Hat Summit in June 2008 will present an opportunity for our customers, partners and the community to share their experiences and perspectives on open source," said Michael Chen, vice president of Corporate Marketing at Red Hat. "This is an excellent opportunity for our community to submit cutting-edge topics and content that will provide value to all Red Hat Summit attendees."
The Red Hat Summit call for papers closes on Friday, February 8, 2008. For more information on the call for papers, or to make a submission, visit www.redhat.com/apps/include/webforms/paper.html. For more information about the Red Hat Summit 2008 in Boston, Mass., visit www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2008.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world’s leading open source solutions provider, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with over 50 satellite offices spanning the globe. CIOs have ranked Red Hat first for value in Enterprise Software for four consecutive years in the CIO Insight Magazine Vendor Value study. Red Hat provides high-quality, low-cost technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, together with applications, management and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions, including the JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the integration of acquisitions; the ability of the Company to effectively compete; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; adverse results in litigation; the dependence on key personnel as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions
Risk Factors and
Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of the press release.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT and JBOSS are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the US and other countries.