Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to containerize software applications and deploy them to a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster. These skills allow you to take advantage of a platform and architecture that fosters DevOps principles in your organization. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform provides a self-provisioning environment for developers to deploy their applications using DevOps patterns such as continuous integration and deployment. Many language and database runtimes, containerized Red Hat Middleware, and more are provided to reduce the need for custom containerization by the developer, thereby reducing time to market.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to containerize applications for deployment on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster and manage them with the command line client and the web console.
- Design and build containers for applications for successful deployment to an OpenShift cluster.
- Publish container images to an enterprise registry.
- Build containerized applications using the Source-to-Image facility.
- Create applications using OpenShift templates.
- Extract a service from a monolithic application and deploy it to the cluster as a microservice.
- Migrate applications to run on an OpenShift cluster.