런던 - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that organisations in the UK have adopted Red Hat’s container-based, cloud-native solutions to deliver value to the business and to users. Organisations are using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to empower their developers and customers to more rapidly create, host, and scale applications across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We believe that a powerful, modern application development portfolio is a key driver in enabling digital transformation for customers and partners alike, and we’re pleased to help support a broad spectrum of enterprises on their path to both evolving their IT infrastructure and embracing the hybrid cloud.
According to a 2016 IDC study sponsored by Red Hat, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform can enable customers to respond to market requirements faster by delivering business-critical, microservices-based applications with DevOps processes. The study found that these benefits can include 66 percent faster application delivery times, $1.29 million average annual benefits per 100 application developers per year, and 531 percent average five-year ROI.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is the industry’s first and only container-centric, hybrid cloud solution built from Linux containers, Kubernetes, Project Atomic and OpenShift Origin community projects, and based on the trusted backbone of the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform can provide a more secure, stable platform for container-based deployments without sacrificing current IT investments, enabling mission-critical, traditional applications to coexist alongside new, cloud-native and container-based applications.
Organisations in the UK are taking advantage of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat’s broad portfolio of container-based solutions to enable cloud-native success, both in their own business and for their customers. Some of these organisations include:
- Sopra Steria is a provider of consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. It is using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform’s enterprise-grade Kubernetes capabilities to provide developer tools to its internal technical community to help increase digital creativity.
- Financial institutions, such as Royal Bank of Scotland, are using Red Hat’s container-based technologies to help become more agile and speed innovation. Royal Bank of Scotland is powering its Open Experience center with several of Red Hat’s fully open Linux container solutions, including Red Hat Mobile Application Platform and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- AVI Networks is collaborating with Red Hat to deliver integrated technologies that help to empower enterprises, combining Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, container networking services, IT automation for application delivery in the form of Red Hat Ansible, and the Avi Platform for software load balancing. The convergence of several application services helps enterprises to reduce the complexity and cost of deploying multiple point solutions required for rapidly provisioning and scaling applications to a large number of users.
- Accenture has integrated Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with its Accenture DevOps Platform (ADOP) designed to help clients increase their agility to better deal with disruption. Through its Cloud Native Architecture Practice, it helps build new applications, leveraging container and microservice based architectures, with automated deployment to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Through its work with Red Hat, Accenture aims to enable clients to move to a multi-speed IT model that enables them to innovate and develop new services more quickly.
- Estafet is an expert integration consultancy, specialising in Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat JBoss Middleware technologies. It delivers integration managed services, quality assurance managed services and agile integration projects designed to help customers move legacy applications to the cloud and achieve application modernisation.
- Sysdig offers a container-native monitoring and troubleshooting solution, including monitoring container workloads running on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. It uses OpenShift metadata to give organisations dynamic service-level monitoring, aggregating metrics from containers in real-time to provide views and alerts of apps & services.
- CoScale offers a solution for full stack container monitoring. The CoScale platform monitors all containers and services running on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, and provides container-specific visualizations and anomaly detection to proactively manage the performance of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform in production.
- Made Tech works with organisations to improve software delivery and spur DevOps adoption by breaking down the barriers between development and operations teams, helping to increase software delivery speed and improve team culture. Made Tech aims to better boost cloud-readiness, helping enterprises prepare applications to run on container application platforms such as Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
A range of organisations will be showcasing their container-powered success and business transformation initiatives at Red Hat Forum UK on 3 October, including: AVI Networks, Estafet, Accenture, Microsoft, and many experts from Red Hat itself.
Martin Lentle, UKI MD, Red Hat
“Red Hat recognises organisations’ need to balance rapid modern application development with the ability to deliver results in a more secure and stable way. We believe that a powerful, modern application development portfolio is a key driver in enabling digital transformation for customers and partners alike, and we’re pleased to help support a broad spectrum of enterprises on their path to both evolving their IT infrastructure and embracing the hybrid cloud.”
Learn more about Red Hat Forum United Kingdom 2017
Learn more about Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Explore Red Hat customer success stories
Connect with Red Hat
Learn more about Red Hat
Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
Read the Red Hat blog
Follow Red Hat on Twitter
Join Red Hat on Facebook
Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
Join Red Hat on Google+
Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn