Last year at Red Hat Summit 2019, we introduced Red Hat Smart Management, combining the flexible and powerful infrastructure management capabilities of Red Hat Satellite with the simplicity of cloud management services for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat Smart Management enables users to keep Red Hat Enterprise Linux running efficiently on any platform, while reducing repetitive tasks, expediting at-scale resolution of threats and improving the total cost of ownership.
This year, we’re expanding the features and capabilities of both Red Hat Smart Management and Red Hat Insights to help make it even easier for users to more securely manage environments supported by Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat Insights will now include more cloud management services, providing more comprehensive visibility into two key use cases: operational efficiency and security and compliance risk management. Since Red Hat Insights is included in active Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions at no additional cost, users can access these capabilities today. To augment the ability to take swift action on risks identified by Red Hat Insights, we are introducing the Cloud Connector in Red Hat Smart Management to provide direct integration between Red Hat Insights and your on-premises Red Hat Satellite infrastructure. Now users can put the alerts from Insights into action through remediation of risks directly from the Red Hat Insights dashboard with the push of a button. Red Hat Smart Management with Satellite 6.7 will execute at-scale remediations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments in the cloud and on-premises.
Recently, IDC conducted a study, commissioned by Red Hat, looking at the return on investment for organizations managing their Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments with Red Hat Satellite. The study found that a single system administrator using Red Hat Satellite can manage more Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers and cut administration costs. In fact, IDC found that Red Hat Satellite users can see up to a 416% return on their investment over five years and that users can see up to a 28% reduction in total cost of operations.
The latest version of the powerful system management solution, Red Hat Satellite 6.7 is now generally available, and in addition to the new Cloud Connector, this version also brings improved integrations as well as security and content management enhancements.
- Enhanced integrations with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform and Red Hat Enterprise Linux to improve performance and ease of use
- Security enhancements including tech preview support for Common Access Card (CAC) with Red Hat single sign-on
- New content management features including a new report template for entitlement reporting as well as a new user interface to initiate the import or export of templates from git or local disks, to improve the user experience
- Provisioning enhancements, including added support for provisioning hosts in Microsoft Azure and enhanced support for provisioning to Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Additional new features and enhancements to improve performance, increase ease of use and enhance security
For more details on these new features and enhancements, check out these resources:
To take advantage of Cloud Connector and the rest of these new features and enhancements, upgrade to the latest version of Red Hat Satellite. For information on upgrading to the latest version of Red Hat Satellite, refer to the documentation or use the Red Hat Satellite Upgrade Helper.
If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.