RALEIGH, CAROLINE DU NORD - —
Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the world's premier open source and Linux provider, today announced the availability of Stronghold Enterprise, the latest addition to the company's new line of Enterprise solutions. Stronghold Enterprise is an open source secure web server based on Apache that provides enhanced security features, high performance, and tools to improve application interoperability. Enterprises that require secure interaction with their customers and partners will especially appreciate Stronghold Enterprise.
This news follows last month's announcement of Red Hat Linux Advanced Server, the first solution in Red Hat's new Enterprise line. Together, Advanced Server and Stronghold Enterprise are designed to provide enterprises with stability, performance and low total cost of ownership. As part of the Enterprise solutions series, the complete solution combines software and value-added services to deliver the application, systems management, and security that enterprises need to efficiently deploy and manage large numbers of Web servers.
"Secure Web servers are an integral part of the Internet infrastructure organizations need to transmit critical business intelligence and interact with customers over the Web," said Paul Cormier, executive vice president of engineering at Red Hat. "Successful enterprises, their customers and their business partners know that secure data is the foundation of a solid business, and rightfully demand a high-performance, reliable Web server. Stronghold Enterprise is the best choice for enterprises that want to break free of proprietary operating systems while enhancing the security and reliability of their business data."
Stronghold Enterprise Features and Support
Stronghold Enterprise for Advanced Server incorporates Red Hat Content Accelerator for performance enhancement and is Red Hat Network-enabled for security alerts and critical software updates. Stronghold Enterprise has Java support, extensive support for hardware cryptographic acceleration and application server connections. Additionally, Stronghold Enterprise offers:
- Security and Reliability to protect business data at the highest levels available, with full disclosure of source code. Stronghold is based on a solid core of industry leading open source projects such as Apache and OpenSSL, which provide secure page delivery capability.
- High Performance with the ability to handle the most demanding browser loads, accelerated hardware cryptography and reporting tools that help eliminate performance problems before users and customers are affected.
- Easy and Intuitive installation, configuration, security setup and administration to minimize total cost of ownership. Because Stronghold Enterprise is optimized for use with Advanced Server, the time to install and configure a secure Web server is dramatically reduced.
- Integration and Interoperability with extension modules, tool integration, interfaces with application servers, and support for languages and standards needed to operate in a heterogeneous Web environment. Tools such as Tomcat, AxKit, and DAV for content editing and management are integrated with Stronghold Enterprise. Supported languages include PHP and Perl.
- Open Source Expertise from Red Hat, the most trusted and reliable resource for development, technical support, and training for both the Linux operating system and the Apache web server.
Pricing and Availability
Stronghold Enterprise will be available later this month from Red Hat. Stronghold will be available on Linux and Unix platforms. Stronghold and subsequent updates are available through Red Hat Network on a subscription basis when installed on Advanced Server. Stronghold Enterprise costs $995 per server and includes a subscription for 1 year of e-mail support and product updates. Purchase and evaluation information is available at www.redhat.com/explore/stronghold.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading open source and Linux provider, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with satellite offices spanning the globe. Red Hat is leading Linux and open source solutions into the mainstream by making high quality, low cost technology accessible. Red Hat provides operating system software along with middleware, applications and management solutions. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide and through top-tier partnerships. Red Hat's open source strategy offers customers a long term plan for building infrastructures that are based on and leverage open source technologies with focus on security and ease of management. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com
Forward-looking statements in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release that are not strictly historical statements, including, without limitation, management's plans and objectives for future operations, and management's assessment of market factors, constitute forward-looking statements which involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, reliance upon strategic relationships, management of growth, the possibility of undetected software errors, the risks of economic downturns generally, and in Red Hat's industry specifically, the risks associated with competition and competitive pricing pressures, the viability of the Internet, and other risks detailed in Red Hat's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be accessed through the SEC's Web site at http://www.sec.gov.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.