Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the agenda and keynote speakers for Red Hat Summit 2017, one of the premier open source technology conference. The 13th annual Red Hat Summit is expected to welcome thousands of attendees from around the world to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, May 2-4. Event details and registration are live at https://www.redhat.com/en/summit/2017.
Together, Red Hat, our customers and our partners are doing groundbreaking things with open source, and the pace of innovation is faster than ever before. I’m excited to have Red Hat Summit back in Boston this year for what we expect to be our biggest and most exciting event yet. What makes Red Hat Summit the premier open source event is our ability to bring together the individuals who are driving the future of technology with our customers and partners to celebrate their successes and offer them a glimpse of where we are heading.
Red Hat Summit has become a must-attend event focused on advancements in open source, with customers, partners, and open source industry leaders from around the world coming together for a high-energy week of innovation, education, and collaboration. Open source has transformed the technology industry and helped organizations around the world innovate faster. But open source innovation is only possible because of the people behind it. Red Hat Summit 2017 will celebrate the power of the individual: individuals who are looking toward to the future, who are willing to step up, try something new and make change happen. When individuals are given the tools to innovate and find new solutions to old problems everyone benefits. These individuals can create significant advancements in a variety of fields, from healthcare and infrastructure to finance, government and more.
Red Hat Summit 2017 is scheduled to feature:
- Technology industry visionaries - Attendees will hear keynotes on the future of enterprise technology and open source from industry leaders. Several Red Hat executives are scheduled to deliver keynotes at Red Hat Summit 2017, including Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO, and Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies. Red Hat's Marco Bill-Peter, vice president of Customer Experience and Engagement will host the Red Hat Innovation Awards. In addition, noted industry executives are scheduled to take the Summit keynote stage:
- Armughan Ahmad, senior vice president and general manager, Solutions and Alliances, Dell EMC
- Kelsey Hightower, staff developer advocate, Google Cloud Platform
- Jason Hoffman, vice president and head of PA cloud infrastructure, Ericsson
- Jay Jamison, vice president, strategy, Software Defined and Cloud Division (SDCG), Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Sam Ramji, vice president, product management, Google Cloud Platform
- Sandra Rivera, vice president and general manager, Network Platforms Group, Intel Corporation
- Kirk Skaugen, executive vice president and president, Lenovo Data Center Group
- Julia White, corporate vice president, Azure + Security Marketing, Microsoft
- More than 200 breakout sessions covering many of enterprise tech’s hottest topics - Sessions will be presented by experts from Red Hat, customers, partners, and community contributors, offering attendees an opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations and hear best practices from across multiple industries. Red Hat Summit 2017 sessions are tailored to different roles and levels of expertise and will cover a wide range of topics, including: containers; OpenStack; cloud and hybrid IT; Internet of Things (IoT); IT strategy; security; mobile; management; diversity and culture; and more.
- New developer programming - New for 2017, the developer conference DevNation has been integrated into Red Hat Summit to offer developer-focused content to all event attendees including 24 sessions, developer-focused labs, demos, theater sessions, games, and CodeStarter hack nights.
- Red Hat Summit party at Fenway Park - On Wednesday, May 3, thousands of Red Hat Summit attendees will watch the Boston Red Sox take on the Baltimore Orioles at the iconic Fenway Park.
- Power training opportunities - Attendees looking for in-depth training on-site at Red Hat Summit can add Power Training to their registration. These two-day, interactive courses provide accelerated training with expert instructors at a special rate. Attendees taking advantage of Power Training will receive access to Red Hat Training and Certification curriculum advisors; preferred seating in the Red Hat Summit general session; meet-and-greets with Red Hat technical leaders; and a 30-day Red Hat Learning Subscription.
- Partner Pavilion - The Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion will include more than 100 Red Hat partners and technology industry leaders showcasing some of the best in enterprise technology, and giving attendees a chance to connect directly with strategic technology partners.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
“Together, Red Hat, our customers and our partners are doing groundbreaking things with open source, and the pace of innovation is faster than ever before. I’m excited to have Red Hat Summit back in Boston this year for what we expect to be our biggest and most exciting event yet. What makes Red Hat Summit the premier open source event is our ability to bring together the individuals who are driving the future of technology with our customers and partners to celebrate their successes and offer them a glimpse of where we are heading.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Summit
- Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
- Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov ), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.