Red Hat 계정으로 회원 프로필, 기본 설정 및 고객 상태에 따라 다음의 서비스에 액세스할 수 있습니다.
아직 등록하지 않으셨습니까? 등록해야 하는 이유:
- 한 곳에서 기술 자료 문서를 탐색하고, 지원 사례와 서브스크립션을 관리하고, 업데이트를 다운로드 할 수 있습니다.
- 조직 내의 사용자를 보고, 계정 정보, 기본 설정 및 권한을 편집할 수 있습니다.
- Red Hat 자격증을 관리하고 시험 내역을 조회하며 자격증 관련 로고 및 문서를 다운로드할 수 있습니다.
Red Hat 계정으로 회원 프로필, 기본 설정 및 자신의 고객 상태에 따른 기타 서비스에 액세스할 수 있습니다.
보안을 위해, 공용 컴퓨터 사용 중에 Red Hat 서비스 이용이 끝난 경우 로그아웃하는 것을 잊지 마십시오.로그아웃
One of the benefits of OpenStack is the ability to deploy the software on standard x86 hardware, and thus not be locked-in to custom architectures and high prices from specialized vendors.
Before you select your x86 hardware, you might want to consider how you will resolve hardware/software related issues:
- Is my distribution of OpenStack and the underlying Linux, certified to run on the hardware I use?
- Will the vendor of my OpenStack distribution work with my hardware vendor to resolve issues?
There was a panel session (Cisco, Ooyala, Sprint, and Shutterfly) on OpenStack use cases at the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver, May 2015. At the end, an audience member asked “How important is it that the OpenStack distribution is certified to run on the hardware you use?”
To listen to the panelists’ answer, (less than two minutes), click here:
From the video
Cisco’s Director of Engineering and Operations, Rafi Khardalian:
- “OpenStack is a sliver of a large stack of software you are running.”
- “The Linux kernel is a key component and it is vitally critical to test it against the hardware you are running, so that the Linux kernel is reliable and can offer all the features you need consumed up the stack into OpenStack….. Example
- How reliable is the VXLAN?
- We found better reliability with Intel cards vs Broadcom cards…. it is the maturity of the driver set.”
And Ilan Rabinovich from Ooyala:
- “Some of the more painful experiences we experienced...that piece of hardware and that driver are not making friends...its where you spend the most time troubleshooting.”
Next Steps to Consider
Red Hat maintains a large ecosystem of certified hardware and software vendors across all products. Specifically for OpenStack there are more than 900 certified products. Together with our certified hardware vendors, and over 20 years of Linux experience, Red Hat is well equipped to resolve issues across the entire stack: Hardware, Linux, KVM hypervisor and OpenStack.
About the author
Jonathan Gershater joined Red Hat in 2013. Prior to Red Hat, Gershater worked at Trend Micro, Sun Microsystems, Entrust Technologies and 3Com. At Red Hat, Gershater leads market analysis for Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud platform, OpenShift, and related technologies.