RALEIGH, N.C. - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that the call for papers is now open for the eighth annual Red Hat Summit and JBoss World, to be held June 26-29, 2012 in Boston.
Enterprise computing is fundamentally changing with advances in virtualization, cloud computing, middleware and storage. Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2012 will unite many of the world’s most respected experts to address the trends and strategies that are driving these technologies forward and providing users with significant gains in performance, productivity, security and cost savings.
The comprehensive agenda will include visionary keynotes along with a range of technical and business sessions, hands-on labs and demos, customer panels, networking opportunities and partner ecosystem showcases. Attendees can participate in both conferences, giving them the opportunity to attend sessions on a wide variety of topics to best meet their interests.
Red Hat is currently accepting speaker submissions in the following categories:
- Current: Information technology in the enterprise is rapidly evolving. Learn about the latest innovations in virtualization, infrastructure, security, desktop technology, messaging, storage, cloud computing, and more.
- In-Depth: In this highly-technical, developer-focused track, you'll learn exactly how to leverage Red Hat solutions to drive your IT strategy and your enterprise to new heights. No details will be spared.
- Emerging: Be the first to know about what's on the horizon from Red Hat and its partners and get a glimpse into future open source innovations.
- Integrate: Get a closer look at trends and strategies driving the future of enterprise computing, as well as solutions to global business and technology challenges across platform, middleware, storage, virtualization, and cloud computing. Learn about how they are driving improved business value through technology.
- Optimize: Interested in optimizing your open source investment? Learn how to increase performance and scalability, implement security policies, meet service level agreements, and more effectively manage your deployments.
- Strategy: When handling information is your business, IT is your strategy. Learn about the many ways that open source can give your IT ecosystem a competitive edge directly from our customers, product experts, and partners.
- Taste of Training: Get a Red Hat Training sneak peek. Our award-winning team will be on-site to provide a series of hands-on training courses across popular Red Hat solutions.
Returning to Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2012 is the popular “Best Of” track, which will feature the top rated session speakers and topics from past events in what have become standing-room only sessions.
To submit a proposal for consideration, visit http://redhat.g2planet.com/summitjbw2012/cfp. The deadline to submit is Dec. 16, 2011. Selected speakers will be notified and attendee registration will open in March 2012.
For more information on Red Hat Summit and JBoss World 2012, visit www.redhat.com/summit. For more information about Red Hat, visit www.redhat.com. For more news, more often, visit www.press.redhat.com.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions and an S&P 500 company, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with more than 70 offices spanning the globe. Red Hat provides high-quality, affordable technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, together with cloud, virtualization, applications, management, storage and service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions, including Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and JBoss Enterprise Middleware. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods, including events in Japan. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of the press release.
Red Hat, Inc. Red Hat, the Shadowman logo and JBoss are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.