RALEIGH, CAROLINE DU NORD - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that the call for papers is now open for the sixth annual Red Hat Summit and JBoss World. These premier open source events will take place June 22-25, 2010 in Boston at the Seaport World Trade Center.
Red Hat Summit and JBoss World bring together customers, developers, engineers, partners and members of the community in a global open source knowledge exchange. A comprehensive agenda engages attendees to learn the latest in open source advancements with Red Hat and JBoss products and technologies.
Submissions are being accepted for the Red Hat Summit in the following categories:
- What's New: Linux in the enterprise is rapidly evolving. Learn about the latest in open source virtualization, infrastructure, security, desktop technology, messaging, storage and more.
- What's Next: Be the first to know about what's on the horizon from Red Hat and industry partners. Find out about future innovations in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, management, security and more.
- Open Source for IT Leaders: In this tough economic climate, each IT leader should have an open source strategy that offers your IT ecosystem a competitive edge. We'll show you why open source can be more secure, can have a lower cost and higher value, is interoperable with thousands of ISVs and can play an integral role in the success and growth of your organization.
- Decoding the Code: Interested in optimizing your open source investment? This is the track to help you do just that. Learn how to implement security policies, increase performance and scalability, and more effectively manage your deployments.
- In the Weeds: You asked for more technical content and we're delivering it with this new, heavily technical-focused developer track that will help you leverage your IT strategy, no details spared.
Submissions are being accepted for JBoss World in the following categories:
- Enterprise Insights: Learn how to use and extend your JBoss technologies to solve real business IT problems with product roadmaps, reference architectures, customer case studies, migration stories and partner integrations and solutions.
- Optimize, Secure & Manage: Learn how to optimize performance, meet service level agreements, manage JBoss Enterprise Middleware and ensure a secure, stable production environment for your JBoss applications.
- Developer Insights: With this highly-technical developer track, you'll learn how to leverage JBoss technologies to drive your rich Internet application, portal, service and data integration and business rules projects to new heights.
In addition, there will be one joint Red Hat Summit and JBoss World category:>
- Cloud: Learn why the majority of early public and private cloud computing deployments, combining virtualization, operating platforms, middleware and application development tools, use open source technology as their foundation. Discover how open source cloud technologies can deliver expanded flexibility, scalability and cost savings for your IT infrastructure.
To submit a proposal for consideration, please visit www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2010/callforpapers. The deadline to submit is Jan. 22, 2010. Attendee registration will be open in early 2010.
For more information on Red Hat Summit and JBoss World please visit www.redhat.com/summit. Follow Red Hat Summit 2010 on twitter at twitter.com/RedHatSummit.
For more information about Red Hat, visit www.redhat.com. For more news, more often, visit www.press.redhat.com.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading open source solutions provider and a component of the S&P 500, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with over 65 offices spanning the globe. CIOs ranked Red Hat as one of the top vendors delivering value in Enterprise Software for six consecutive years in the CIO Insight Magazine Vendor Value survey. Red Hat provides high-quality, affordable technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, together with virtualization, applications, management and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions, including Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and JBoss Enterprise Middleware. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending, the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the ability of the Company to effectively compete; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; adverse results in litigation; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic conditions, and governmental and public policy changes. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of the press release.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT® and JBOSS® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the US and other countries.