RALEIGH, CAROLINE DU NORD - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that it is accepting nominations for the 2017 Red Hat Innovation Awards.
Red Hat customers and partners are the driving force behind our success. It’s an honor every year to recognize companies using Red Hat technology in creative and exciting ways to help advance or transform their businesses, solve complex challenges, and meet customer needs.
Since 2007, the Red Hat Innovation Awards have recognized Red Hat's global customers and partners for the transformative projects and outstanding results they have experienced with Red Hat's open source solutions.
Organizations can submit nominations in five categories. Category winners will be selected based on the uniqueness, complexity, and magnitude of their Red Hat implementations. Categories for the 2017 Red Hat Innovation Awards include:
- Enterprise transformation: Recognizing the most outstanding transition from legacy IT to a self-service leader and business partner in the digital world.
- DevOps implementation: Recognizing the best implementation of a complete DevOps strategy, including culture, automation, and platform changes, to meet new customer expectations.
- Cloud infrastructure: Recognizing a public, private, or open hybrid cloud deployment.
- Application optimization: Recognizing an organization that employs agile methodologies and illustrates superior overall performance in creating, maintaining, and deploying successful business applications.
- The open source way: Recognizing an organization that is leading innovation by building an open source culture, contributing to community projects, and using open source technology to support a broad range of applications and business services.
Submissions will be accepted until Nov. 9, 2016, and will be evaluated by a panel of business and open source technology experts including Ashesh Badani, vice president and general manager, OpenShift; Swapnil Bhartiya, journalist, IDG Contributor Network; Marco Bill-Peter, vice president, Customer Experience and Engagement; Dietmar Fauser, vice president, architecture, quality and governance, Amadeus; Sean Michael Kerner, senior editor, eWeek; Christopher Rommel, executive vice president, IoT and embedded technology, VDC Research; and Chris Wright, vice president and chief technologist, Office of Technology, Red Hat. A winner will be chosen in each category. From those winners, the 2017 Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be selected by the community through online voting, and will be announced during an awards ceremony at the 2017 Red Hat Summit in Boston.
Connect with Red Hat
Red Hat and the Shadowman logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.