RALEIGH, CAROLINE DU NORD - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the agenda and keynote speakers for Red Hat Summit 2016, the industry’s premier open source technology conference. The 12th annual Red Hat Summit is expected to welcome thousands of attendees from around the world to San Francisco's Moscone Center, June 27-30. Event details and registration are live at http://www.redhat.com/summit.
I'm thrilled that Red Hat Summit has become a premier event for the latest in cloud and enterprise tech, and I'm confident that this is shaping up to be our most exciting Red Hat Summit to date. Red Hat Summit celebrates not only the major advancements in open source, but also the success of our customers, who are using open source to deliver major successes, lead their organization's digital transformations, and embrace the benefits of the hybrid cloud.
The power of participation is being felt around the world and across industries. The open source way – a form of collaboration where people are free to share their ideas and build on the work of others – is resulting in significant advancements in a wide range of fields, from healthcare and education to government, management, and more. In technology, open source is enabling digital transformations and driving major innovations in a number of areas, including cloud computing, containers, application development, DevOps, big data, mobile, security, and more. Named one of the top cloud computing events for 2016, Red Hat Summit has become a premier event focused on these advancements, with customers, partners, and open source industry leaders from around the world coming together for a high-energy week of innovation, education, and collaboration.
Red Hat Summit 2016 is scheduled to feature:
- Technology industry visionaries - Attendees will hear keynotes on the future of enterprise technology and open source from industry leaders. Several Red Hat executives are scheduled to deliver keynotes at Red Hat Summit 2016, including Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO, and Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies. Red Hat's Marco Bill-Peter, vice president of Customer Experience and Engagement, and Chris Wright, vice president and chief technologist, will host the Red Hat Innovation Awards. Industry executives set to take the stage are:
- Sven Loberg, global open source lead, Accenture;
- David Ward, senior vice president, CTO of Engineering, and chief architect, Cisco;
- Jim Ganthier, vice president and general manager, Engineered Solutions, HPC, and Cloud, Dell;
- Randy Meyer, vice president and general manager, Mission Critical Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise;
- Doug Fisher, senior vice president and general manager, Software and Services Group, Intel;
- Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, Cloud and Enterprise Group, Microsoft; and
- Naykai Nayyar, general manager and global head of Internet of Things (IoT) and Innovation GTM, SAP.
- More than 200 breakout sessions across 14 tracks - Sessions, presented by subject-matter experts including Red Hat associates, customers, partners, and developers, will offer attendees an opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations and hear best practices from experts across industries. Red Hat Summit 2016 sessions are tailored to different roles and levels of expertise and will cover a wide range of topics, including containers, DevOps, management, IT strategy, implementation, and more. New this year, the conference will feature deep-dive breakout sessions for attendees in public sector, healthcare, financial services, and telecommunications.
- DevNation - Taking place June 26-29, and co-located with Red Hat Summit, DevNation is a full stack development conference featuring the best in open source. DevNation 2016 will feature more than 50 breakout sessions and general sessions with keynotes from Scott Hanselman, principal community architect, Web Platform and Tools at Microsoft, and Rachel Laycock, head of Technology at ThoughtWorks North America. More information can be found at www.devnation.org/.
- Partner Pavilion - The Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion will include more than 90 Red Hat partners and technology industry leaders showcasing some of the best in enterprise technology, and giving attendees a chance to connect directly with strategic technology partners.
- Power training opportunities - Attendees looking for extensive training on-site at Red Hat Summit can add a Summit Plus pass. In addition to a full conference pass, Summit Plus includes two full days of Power Training; priority access to instructor-led labs; preferred seating in general sessions; meet-and-greets with Red Hat technical leaders; and a 30-day Red Hat Learning Subscription. More details can be found at http://red.ht/261044u.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
“I'm thrilled that Red Hat Summit has become a premier event for the latest in cloud and enterprise tech, and I'm confident that this is shaping up to be our most exciting Red Hat Summit to date. Red Hat Summit celebrates not only the major advancements in open source, but also the success of our customers, who are using open source to deliver major successes, lead their organization's digital transformations, and embrace the benefits of the hybrid cloud."
Connect with Red Hat