NOTE: This credential is no longer available.
An IT professional who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Application Systems Management has demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a number of tasks using Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux®.
A system administrator who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Application Systems Management is able to:
- Install, configure, and manage JBoss Operations Network server.
- Install, configure, and manage RHQ Agent on a managed platform.
- Install, configure, and manage JBoss Operations Network plug-in packs (both server and agent).
- Discover, manage, and monitor resources in JBoss Operations Network server, including grouping resources.
- Understand and use service metrics to monitor resources, including raising alerts.
- Use JBoss Operations Network to configure resources and deploy content and applications to remote services.
- Use JBoss Operations Network to monitor and manage configuration files on remote servers.
- Create and manage roles and users on JBoss Operations Network.
The following audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Application Server Management:
- Experienced system administrators, who are using JBoss Operations Network to manage and monitor application systems.
To prepare to become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Application Server Management, Red Hat recommends:
- EX234 – Red Hat Certified Specialist in Application Server Management
- Prove your skills to monitor and manage application systems on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
In preparation to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA), Red Hat recommends the following courses: