RALEIGH, N.C - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today introduced QuickStart Cloud Installer as part of Red Hat Cloud Suite, its pre-integrated set of cloud technologies. With the web-based, graphical QuickStart Cloud Installer, users can orchestrate the installation of Red Hat Cloud Suite components from a single interface. As a result, users can access a fully functional private cloud environment with pre-defined default configurations within mere hours as shown by Red Hat testing.
Red Hat Cloud Suite offers an integrated hybrid cloud solution with a container application platform, massively scalable infrastructure and unified management tools, all available individually or via a single solution. This combination of technologies provides a modern cloud environment where application delivery teams can focus on development, testing, and deployments using modern cloud and container-based solutions, while maintaining control and visibility.
QuickStart Cloud Installer is designed to cut time spent on installation and post configuration (to less than four hours in most deployment scenarios) and require only minimal documentation proficiency from users, helping to further simplify the workflow for deploying fully integrated cloud services and application development platforms. It launches with key capabilities, including:
- A single, web-based intuitive interface enables users to provision a fully functional cloud solution using any combination of the Red Hat Cloud Suite components, including:
- Red Hat CloudForms 4.1;
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.2 (OpenShift Enterprise 3.2);
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8;
- Red Hat Satellite 6.2; and
- Red Hat Virtualization 4.
- Automatically registers deployed products with the Red Hat Satellite server for rolling product updates.
- Integrates with Red Hat Storage (Ceph or Gluster), using the software-defined storage configurations for Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform or OpenShift Container Platform deployments.
- Performs verification and validation of configuration including auto-generating a list of minimum system requirements required for the deployment
- Integrates with the Red Hat Customer Portal for automated subscription management.
The QuickStart Cloud Installer is currently available for customers with entitlements to Red Hat Cloud Suite or Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure.
Lars Herrmann, general manager, Integrated Solutions Business Unit, Red Hat
“With cloud solutions, customers are seeking scalability and speed to build flexible cloud applications while retaining control. Red Hat Cloud Suite offers an integrated open source solution to help users modernize their infrastructures to more quickly build and deliver cloud services and develop cloud-native applications using unified management tools and workflows. I’m excited about QuickStart Cloud Installer being added to Red Hat Cloud Suite today and how it can help our customers to simplify and speed up their cloud initiatives.”
Connect with Red Hat