Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the latest version of Red Hat Insights, bringing the power of Ansible automation to its actionable intelligence platform. Aligned with Red Hat’s vision to dramatically simplify IT management with Ansible’s powerful automation capabilities, Red Hat Insights now offers users the ability to automate IT remediation of critical issues through Ansible Playbooks. Now, any company will be able to create a self-optimizing infrastructure with Red Hat Insights, enabling them to save valuable manual labor and associated costs.
Through the proactive detection and automated remediation offered by Insights, enterprises can better manage security and stability threats to their Red Hat infrastructure, helping to avoid downtime and giving IT teams back time to focus on tasks that align with business goals.
Red Hat Insights is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that provides continuous, in-depth analysis of an organization’s Red Hat-based infrastructure to help proactively identify threats to security, performance, and stability across physical, virtual, and cloud environments, as well as container deployments. Powered by predictive analytics, Red Hat Insights learns and gets smarter with every additional piece of intelligence and data. It can automatically discover relevant insights, proactively recommend tailored next actions and even automate tasks. Using Red Hat Insights, customers can benefit from the experience and technical knowledge of Red Hat Certified Engineers, making it easier to identify, prioritize and resolve issues before business operations are affected.
The latest Red Hat Insights release includes:
- Automated remediation reduces the mean time to resolution for critical security risks. Featuring Ansible Playbook creation, the Red Hat Insights console now can translate predictive intelligence into actions, enabling users to automatically remediate Insights findings - helping to more quickly and cost-effectively close infrastructure risks.
- Integration of Ansible Tower by Red Hat enables dynamically-generated Ansible Playbooks to be more rapidly deployed in a highly-scalable, more secure manner. This helps provide faster Insights remediation and allows for the extension of Insights into automation and self-service use cases.
- Ansible-based configuration playbook is designed to streamline large and small deployments of the Red Hat Insights client to reduce installation time and effort and helps to provide Insights scalability as infrastructure needs grow.
- Expanded reporting displays historical trends in addition to a snapshot of the current infrastructure health so enterprises can more easily see their current risk assessment and what trends will most likely impact their IT estate.
- Predictive risk assessments are displayed per rule, and then combined to produce a more meaningful total risk assessment, helping organizations to focus on the issues which can most impact risk reduction.
- Enhanced user interface includes additional filtering based on type of issue, for a more simplified and streamlined look across the infrastructure.
- Topic categorization designed for improved identification and remediation of issues. The enhanced user interface includes additional categorization and specialized views for a more simplified and streamlined look across the infrastructure. Insights findings can now be viewed by type, such as SAP or Oracle, in addition to the level of risk.
As a SaaS offering, Red Hat Insights is regularly updating and expanding its knowledge base in real-time to reflect new IT challenges that can impact the stability of mission-critical systems.
Red Hat Insights is available today for an added cost via the Red Hat Customer Portal, Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat CloudForms, Ansible Tower, as well as the public Red Hat Insights API.
Joe Fitzgerald, vice president, Management, Red Hat
“Modern enterprise IT environments employ a complex and highly dynamic mix of services and technologies, making continuous identification and remediation of security and stability issues key for mission-critical operations. Manual identification and resolution of these issues can be expensive, time-consuming and more error prone, which is why we have added the automation capabilities of Ansible Playbooks to the latest version of Red Hat Insights. Through the proactive detection and automated remediation offered by Insights, enterprises can better manage security and stability threats to their Red Hat infrastructure, helping to avoid downtime and giving IT teams back time to focus on tasks that align with business goals.”
- Learn more about Red Hat Insights
- Read more about optimizing your infrastructure with predictive IT risk analytics
- Learn more about Red Hat Summit
- Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
- Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
- About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
- Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, Ansible and CloudForms are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. Red Hat is not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation, or the OpenStack community.