Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the leader in developing, deploying and managing open source solutions, today announced Red Hat E-Commerce Suite. The E-Commerce Suite is an open source offering that helps mid-sized businesses build and manage their e-commerce applications more rapidly, more cost effectively and with greater reliability and customisability.
Red Hat E-Commerce Suite bridges a significant gap among current e-commerce solutions, which are either too limited in functionality and customisability or too complex and costly. Based on the integration of proven open source technologies, this unique offering provides a new option to businesses and offers rapid deployment for companies needing to migrate or just getting started in e-commerce. Customers will benefit from the reliability, flexibility, and performance of proven open source technologies, and from the security of buying from a trusted, expert vendor.
"Open source operating systems, Web servers, and databases have established themselves as a powerful force for the enterprise, and open source platforms are beginning to deliver the same benefits - flexibility, functionality, and performance - to a greater audience," said Dr. James Neiser, chief marketing officer, Red Hat. "With the introduction of a complete set of robust e-commerce products and services, Red Hat continues to deliver the business solutions its customers demand."
"We've been extremely pleased with Red Hat's offerings," said Aron Benon, CEO of bricks-and-clicks retailer, Florist.com. "Red Hat helped us move quickly and cost effectively from a low-end e-commerce platform to a rich, highly customised solution that allowed us to become much more effective in our online efforts." Benon added, "Red Hat has given us many of the benefits of high end e-commerce platforms, but without the cost or complexity."
Features of the Red Hat E-Commerce Suite include:
- Interchange 4.8, a brand new version of the most mature and robust open source, e-commerce platform available today. With over 5 years of development in the open source community, more than 10,000 developers participating, and thousands of sites using the technology, Red Hat Interchange delivers robust functionality, reliability, and performance;
- CommerceLauncher, a Web-based configuration tool which rapidly guides users through the installation and configuration of the entire E-Commerce Suite, enabling users to get up and running in a matter of hours;
- Secure Webserver powered by Apache;
- Red Hat Database, an open source database solution based on PostgreSQL 7.1 and optimised for Web applications and Red Hat Linux 7.1;
- Red Hat Linux Operating System 7.1, the latest release of the world's most popular, award-winning Linux operating system;
- Red Hat Network, Red Hat's online subscription service, which dramatically reduces the cost of deploying and managing an infrastructure through continuous software update and management services for open source offerings.
Additional added value services in the Suite include:
- Integration, optimisation, and testing of proven open source technologies: Red Hat Interchange, Red Hat Database and Red Hat Linux;
- Documentation for Interchange, Red Hat Database, Red Hat Linux and Secure Webserver;
- 12 months of product updates and upgrades;
- 12 months of Red Hat Network for Red Hat Linux;
- 3 hours of developer consulting during the first 30 days;
- 30 days of telephone-based support;
- 12 months of Web-based support.
In addition, Red Hat will offer several new options for enhanced E-Commerce support and services. These include:
- Multi-tiered support options for the implementation and use of the E-Commerce Suite;
- Professional consulting, to help businesses with the creation of their Web site from the planning stages through execution;
- Managed hosting services for hands free management of E-Commerce Suite sites;
- A range of training programs aimed at enabling technical and business professionals to get the most from the E-Commerce Suite.
"The Red Hat E-Commerce Suite fills a significant gap between expensive, complex enterprise e-commerce applications and entry-level e-commerce offerings," said Michele Rosen, research manager for Application Development and Deployment at IDC. "Because it's based on established open source technologies, the Suite provides functionality and customizability similar to that found in high-end e-commerce applications but at a price within mid-sized businesses' budgets."
Pricing and Availability
Red Hat E-Commerce Suite will be available from September for
Über Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Auf die Zukunft gerichtete Aussagen
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company’s growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company’s views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company’s views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.