RALEIGH, N.C. - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced Red Hat Summit 2015, the industry’s premier open source technology event. Several thousand attendees are expected to attend the 11th annual Red Hat Summit, taking place June 23 – 26, 2015, in Boston. Event details and registration for Red Hat Summit 2015 are now live at http://www.redhat.com/summit.
Organizations around the world have embraced open source software and Red Hat’s solutions, with more than 90 percent of the Fortune 500 counted among Red Hat’s customers. Red Hat Summit has become a must-attend event, with customers, partners, and open source industry leaders from around the world coming together for a high-energy week of innovation, education, and collaboration.
Some of the highlights of Red Hat Summit 2015 will include:
- Technology industry visionaries – Red Hat Summit has become a platform where Red Hat and technology industry visionaries unveil their views on the future of enterprise technology and explore how open source software is transforming everything from cloud and Linux containers to mobile, big data, the Internet of Things, and more. Several Red Hat executives are scheduled to offer a keynote address during Red Hat Summit 2015, including Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO; Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies; and Marco Bill-Peter, vice president, Customer Experience and Engagement. Industry keynote speakers will be announced soon.
- More than 170 breakout sessions - During sessions led by experts including Red Hat employees, customers, partners and developers, attendees will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training during 18 hands-on labs and 12 Taste of Red Hat Training classes, dive into the latest product innovations, hear best practices from experts across industries, and join sessions tailored to every role and level of expertise. New for 2015, Red Hat Summit will feature a security-focused track and three industry-specific breakout sessions for attendees interested in a deep dive on Red Hat solutions for public sector, telecommunications, and financial services.
- DevNation - Taking place June 21-25 and co-located with Red Hat Summit, DevNation is a full stack development conference featuring the best in open source. Attendees will be able to learn how industry leaders use open source, hack with innovative open source projects including Docker, Hadoop, Vert.x, and more, and see open source innovations for DevOps, mobile, and application development. DevNation will feature more than 50 breakout sessions and four general sessions, including inspiring keynotes from visionaries such as Venkat Subramaniam, Ph.D., an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., and an instructional professor at the University of Houston. More information can be found at www.devnation.org/.
- Expanded Partner Pavilion - The Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion is expected to include approximately 100 Red Hat partners and technology industry leaders showcasing many of today's most cutting-edge enterprise technologies, giving attendees an opportunity to connect with some of their most strategic technology partners during Red Hat Summit.
- Certification opportunities - In addition to self-paced and instructor-led labs, Red Hat training will provide attendees with accelerated, interactive training, and the opportunity to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX21). More details can be found at www.redhat.com/summit/agenda/addons/.
Attendees who register before April 17, 2015, can take advantage of the Early Bird discount price of $1295 ($400 off on-site price of $1695). Also, all Red Hat customers may be eligible for an additional discount if they contact their primary sales representative, Technical Account Manager (TAM), or Red Hat directly to unlock their lowest available rate at http://red.ht/summit-sales15.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
“The next-generation infrastructure, where both private and public cloud computing are integral parts, are built on a foundation of Linux and open source. Red Hat, our customers, partners, and the open source communities where we participant are at the forefront of that innovation. To bring these groups together to talk about the future of our industry makes Red Hat Summit a must-attend event."
View the agenda or register for http://www.redhat.com/summit/
Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
Learn more about Red Hat
Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
Read the Red Hat blog
Follow Red Hat on Twitter
Join Red Hat on Facebook
Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
Join Red Hat on Google+