Kubernetes Operators: Automating the Container Orchestration Platform
Operators serve as a packaging mechanism for distributing applications on Kubernetes–they monitor, maintain, recover, and upgrade the software they deploy. This e-book’s realistic examples show you how operators work and how to build them with the operator framework and software development kit (SDK). In this e-book, you'll learn how to:
- Deploy an operator on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Examine operators from usage to implementation.
- Explore the operator framework, including the operator SDK, operator lifecycle manager, and operator metering.
- Build, package, and run an operator with the SDK's Go programming language support.
- Package and deploy existing Helm and Ansible® assets as operators.
- Distribute operators for installation on Kubernetes clusters.
- See how operators help you implement site reliability engineering (SRE) practices.
Get your operator questions answered. Download the O'Reilly e-book, sponsored by Red Hat.