Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This course introduces key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools, laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments. It lays the foundation for secure user and group administration, and develops skills that allow administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. This is the first of a two course series that takes a computer professional knowing nothing about Linux to being a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to perform essential Linux administration tasks, including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Access the command line
- Manage files from command line
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage local Linux users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services and daemons
- Control access to files with Linux file-system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking