Red Hat Academy
Bridge the gap between education and industry
Red Hat Academy partners with academic institutions around the world to provide the next generation of IT talent with free access to a range of Red Hat’s training courses and certification exams.
Free exam retake policy
Red Hat Certification is now offering free individual exam retakes. You are eligible for a retake if needed. Get the details on the new process.
Why Red Hat Academy?
We have course offerings designed to build the skills needed to embrace the challenges of any job
- Join our network of academic partners in working with the recognized leader of Linux in the IT industry
- Offer curriculum in Linux, cloud, and development technologies
- Align to educational institution needs for flexible course design
- Prepare your students with the foundational skills necessary to embark on other technology topics
- Take advantage of no-cost membership for qualifying institutions
- Participate in the Red Hat Academy tiering program to unlock new features and benefits
- Showcase your partnership status with Red Hat Digital Credentials
- Teach best-in-class IT curriculum for system administrators and developers
- Validate your knowledge with discounted Red Hat certification exams
- Stay current with curriculum updates
- Keep learning with no-cost access to select video classroom courses
- Run your curriculum and labs effectively with Red Hat program support
- Learn in-demand skills
- Get certified with discounted exams by the leader in open source
- Choose your best learning style with multiple courseware formats
- Gain valuable experience with hands-on lab environments
- Connect with Red Hat instructors and students in the Red Hat Learning Community
- Prepare for a career in IT
Red Hat Academy has a number of benefits designed to help students reach their academic and career potential.
By the numbers
We know that finding IT professionals who know your technologies and have the right skills can be challenging. Red Hat Academy offers a diverse curriculum for system administrators and developers.
Of Fortune 500 use Red Hat products and solutions
Increased speed to job-readiness when a new hire had completed Red Hat training prior to onboarding
Percentage of hiring managers who report difficulty finding sufficient talent with open source skills, up from 87% two years ago
Available courses and exams
Learn about additional features and benefits through the Red Hat Academy tiering program.
Share this overview with your team to show how we're educating the next generation of technologists.
Learn how Red Hat® Academy Talent Network connects students who have completed Red Hat training with employers around the world.
Red Hat Academy around the world
Collaborating with institutions across North America
When institutions are ready to offer a hands-on open source curriculum, they turn to Red Hat Academy.
Preparing students for an open source world
Red Hat Academy gives East Carolina University students real-world experience with the latest technologies.
Red Hat Academy at Fayetteville Technical Community College
Learn how efforts between Red Hat Academy and Fayetteville Technical Community College led to a student changing careers and joining the IT profession. Join the RHATN
Creating new learning opportunities for Brazilian IT students
Universidade Federal de Campina partnered with us to bring a dedicated lab to students in a remote area.
Doing open source work in your university years enables you to become a much better engineer.
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
Helping Lithuanian students develop skills and qualifications
Kaunas Information Technology School teamed up with Red Hat Academy to boost IT job prospects for students.
Working with Red Hat Academy means students have a better chance of getting a job in IT.
Offering practical experience to students across India
Red Hat Academy helped bring open source instruction to institutions in three different Indian states.
Bolstering curriculum offerings in a growing region
We worked with institutions in Indonesia, Australia, and Japan to help students embrace new technologies.
Penn Manor: The Power of Open in Education
How do you start a conversation with teenagers? The technology director at Penn Manor High School began with “we trust you.” This short film takes you into a student-run “Help Desk”—a simulated work environment where there’s no distinction between teacher and student. Everyone is on equal footing, and the best ideas win.