Impact on the organization
Administration, configuration, and rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the foundation for efficient IT infrastructure. This training provides your team members with a solid foundation in Linux system administration, for improved ability to manage your infrastructure efficiently. It helps to provide better system reliability, improve efficient system and storage utilization, and respond faster and more accurately to system failures. This course will lay the foundation for new Linux system administrators to efficiently and securely resolve configuration issues, integrate Red Hat Enterprise Linux with other existing systems, manage user and group administration, and use available storage solutions. The rapid pace can quickly turn a computer professional with basic knowledge of Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux system administration tasks, including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and executing basic security administration.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Access the command line locally and remotely
- Manage files from the command line
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services, daemons, and the boot process
- Manage services provided in existing container images
- Manage tuning profiles for system performance
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages and appstreams
- Manage Linux file systems and volumes
- Manage Linux networking and firewalls
Recommended next exam or course