You are viewing information for:
Get industry-leading instruction in a professional classroom experience
Red Hat® performance-based classroom training provides the hands-on, real-world skills that IT professionals and developers require. We offer more than 40 courses on Red Hat technologies taught in a standard classroom environment to both individuals and teams.
For those courses that have a related exam, often the course-with-exam classroom option is also available. During these exams, you will take the training course first, then take the exam on the final day of class.
Enjoy the benefits of Red Hat classroom training:
- Instructors are experienced professionals who are very knowledgeable about the topics they teach
- Courses actively engage students in task-focused activities, lab-based knowledge checks, and facilitative discussions
- Course materials provide job aids, exercise reinforcement, and task-based reference material
- Classrooms are equipped with dedicated system(s) for each student
- Classroom courses are also available onsite for private team training
Take a Guaranteed to Run class
Many of our scheduled classroom courses are marked Guaranteed to Run in North America and Europe. When you register for one of these classes, you can be certain that it won't be canceled or rescheduled based on the number of attendees.
Instructor-led, real-time training in an online environment
Red Hat virtual classroom training is real-time training conducted by live instructors in an online environment. You get the same industry-respected content and hands-on labs as the corresponding classroom-based courses.
Not sure if your system is compatible with Red Hat online training tools? Test your system for connectivity to Red Hat virtual training and Red Hat online learning systems to ensure that you have the best training experience.
Interested in learning what the Virtual Training experience is like? Check it out now.
Affordable solution for companies and individuals
- Train from your home or office and eliminate travel expenses
- Includes hands-on labs, delivered through an online practice environment
Flexible training to meet your schedule and needs
- Most classes offer convenient 51⁄2-hour increments over a 3- to 5-day period, allowing for partial work days
- Enables teams to train together when they're in different locations
- Virtual training can also be delivered as an onsite, team training option
Live, award-winning training at your own computer
- Provides real-time training by Red Hat-certified instructors
- Uses virtual lab machines that run actual products
- Creates an interactive environment between instructor and students
Have questions? Download the Virtual Training frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Available in select U.S. locations, remote classroom training lets students learn in a Red Hat-authorized training facility, while the instructor teaches class remotely via video conferencing. Each classroom has a 52" television that incorporates 2-way video and audio with a live instructor. Students see a live video stream of the instructor's lectures and the instructor can see the remote students in their classroom. The continuous audio feed lets students ask questions and participate in the class at all times. Online interaction between the students and the instructor lets the instructor view the students' lab computers and assist them as necessary.
Your pace, any place. Log in and learn.
Red Hat Online Learning courses feature the same high-quality course content found in our traditional classrooms, supplemented with ground-breaking, cloud-based labs. Some of our Online Learning courses also include dozens of recorded webinars by senior instructors.
The combination of a strong curriculum, robust labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts delivers the practical and applied knowledge you need to advance your Linux administration skills and prepare for hands-on certification exams.
Not sure if your system is compatible with Red Hat® online training tools? Test your system for connectivity to Red Hat virtual training and Red Hat online learning systems to ensure that you have the best training experience.
With Red Hat Online Learning, you get:
- A 90-day subscription providing unlimited user access to Red Hat Online Learning course content and webinars
- 80-hours of online, hands-on lab access, deployed through Amazon EC2 cloud
- Preparation for one of a number of our Red Hat certification exams.
- Online course materials created and supported by Red Hat curriculum architects with deep experience as Linux administrators and instructors
Online Learning content
Our online course content is based upon the same content you'd find in our traditional classroom courses, optimized for self-study and including more explanations. Each online workbook includes code snippets and graphics to illustrate the text and aid learning. Each unit also includes a knowledge check, an opportunity for students to validate their comprehension of the material before moving on to the online lab. Students are given immediate feedback as to whether or not they understand what they have just been taught. The course book can be viewed from a mobile device as well as a laptop or desktop computer.
Online Learning labs
For Online Learning, we provide the same high-quality, robust lab environment as our traditional classroom courses. Students can expect to spend as much as half of their time working on hands-on labs. These labs are delivered over the cloud via the same platform we use in our Virtual Classroom training courses. Because of the robustness of these labs, this is the one component of our online learning that must be conducted via a laptop or desktop computer.
Online Learning webinars – for select courses
For additional knowledge, students have access to approximately 30-40 pre-recorded webinars on a variety of topics. Webinars range from 5 to 20 minutes in length and are conducted by senior Red Hat instructors, examiners, and members of our curriculum team. Our webinars can be viewed from mobile devices, as well as a laptop or desktop computer. Online learning webinars are not available for every Red Hat course.
Countries currently offering Red Hat Online Learning
Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela. If you do not see your country listed here, but are interested in Red Hat Online Learning, contact us.
Terms and conditions for countries outside of North America are displayed during the registration process, prior to purchase.
Courses with recorded webinars
- Red Hat System Administration I Online (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II Online (RH134)
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199)
- Red Hat System Administration III Online (RH254)
- Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atmoic Host (RH270)
- RHCE Certification lab (RH299)
- Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
- Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
- Red Hat Server Hardening Online (RH413)
- Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development I Online (JB225)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I Online (JB248)
- Switchyard Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works (JB417)
- Enterprise Service Bus Deployment with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Online (JB435)
- Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Development and Deployment Online (JB437)
- Camel Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Online (JB421)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development (JB450)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Development (JB453)
- Building Advanced Red Enterprise Applications (JB501)
- Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB461)
- Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463)
- Implementing Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB465)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration Online (CL210)
- RabbitMQ Messaging with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (CL315)
- OpenShift Enterprise Administration Online (DO280)
Courses that do not include recorded webinars
Dynamic video training—the traditional classroom experience anywhere you choose.
Today's technology is continually evolving, and it's essential to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies. Video Classroom presents a dynamic video training option that gives the student that "in-classroom" setting without incurring travel costs and risking time away from the office.
Video Classroom provides you access to our most popular courses, presented by our most experienced instructors, and recorded in high definition (HD) video. This gives you an interactive "in-classroom" setting at your own preferred location and at your own pace.
Test your system for connectivity to Video Classroom and Red Hat online learning systems to ensure that you have the best training experience.
Great news! The Video Classroom offering is a key feature of Red Hat Learning Subscription.
Interested in learning what the Video Classroom has to offer? Check out the demo now.
Features of Video Classroom:
- Dynamic video delivery to optimize for quality and performance
- Full and searchable transcription
- Visibility to white boards being used by instructor
- High quality lab environment promoting hands-on labs
- Email support for classroom access, lab, and video functionality
- Instructor insight similar to a traditional classroom setting
- eBook with full course content
- Self-paced learning environment
- 90-day, unlimited access to course videos
- 80 hours of cloud lab access
Watch a preview of the available Video Classroom courses.
- RH124 — Red Hat System Administration I
- RH134 — Red Hat System Administration II
- RH254 — Red Hat System Administration III
- JB248 — Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
- RH442 - Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning
Countries that currently offer Video Classroom:
Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Are you interested in Video Classroom? Contact us
Private team training at your offices, in our classroom, or online
Available for our entire curriculum, on-site training solutions offer flexibility and cost-effective team training options whether at your offices, our training venues, or hosted in a virtual environment. Your team will benefit from discussions, examples, questions, and answers that are relevant to your organization. Plus, bundled cost savings for class fees and elimination of travel costs save you money.
On-site training details
Red Hat recommends on-site training when your organization has between 6 and 20 employees who fit the prerequisites and audience profile for a particular course. Before arriving on site, Red Hat assists your technical staff to ensure the training venue is prepared to run Red Hat products, courses, and exams.
Facility and equipment requirements
On-site training requires 1 workstation per student or 2 workstations per student for 400-level classes (limited to a maximum of 8 students.) Training materials include:
- Red Hat courseware
- Red Hat technology
- All student manuals, handouts, documentation, labs, and supporting documentation
See the classroom requirements guide for more information.
Course tailoring options
All Red Hat courses consist of modular instructional units. Modules from up to 2 courses within the same curriculum may be combined without time compression to meet your individual requirements. Additional fees may apply.
Individual Exams delivered on site
We can deliver a kiosk to your location (8-day minimum) so that your system administrators, engineers, architects, and developers can certify their skills related to Red Hat products. We offer a low daily rate for usage. Setting up an Individual Exam kiosk at your location is simple, and registration support is provided to help you get started. Learn more.Contact us to learn more about on site team training