Experience Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, a foundation for modern and agile IT capabilities that support digital transformation and high-value innovation, even as your business needs change.
1 Operate confidently in the open hybrid cloud
Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source enterprise IT solutions, is trusted by more than 90% of Fortune 500 organizations.1
- Gain cloud independence: Get the same experience, no matter where you choose to deploy. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is certified for use with all major cloud providers, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud.
- Manage applications, workloads, and services using the same tools across locations: Ensure consistency across physical, virtual, private, and public clouds, and edge computing deployments, helping you build and operate your hybrid cloud environment faster and more efficiently.
2 Enable DevOps teams to innovate and deploy faster
Reduce friction between developers, architects, and operations teams to accelerate time to value.
- Use a curated developer stack: Accelerate development cycles with access to a rich set of essential developer stack elements including popular and emerging container tools, databases, programming languages, and runtimes.
- Streamline deployment: Simplify how your operations teams deploy, scale, and manage your applications in production, and on any footprint.
- Simplify container operations: Use open standards-based container tools like podman to run Open Container Initiative (OCI)-compliant containers built using a trusted, supportable, and reliable universal base image (UBI) to improve development, management, and security.
3 Transform digitally from the datacenter to the edge
Standardization can be key to accelerating the digital transformation of critical workloads.
- Standardize on an enterprise-ready operating system: Build on a successful foundation that is well supported and maintained and ready for production deployment in any footprint.
- Simplify edge computing: Provides the cross-infrastructure consistency, workload stability, and streamlined operations needed to move traditional and containerized workloads from your datacenter to edge locations.
4 Reduce security risk with a strong foundation
Use certified, automated controls to keep up with the latest security trends, industry standards, and best practices.
- Protect your business: Implement consistent security strategies with ongoing access to advanced security features, patches, and guidance.
- Reduce risk: Multilayer breach defenses let you automate security controls and mitigate your risk of exposure to vulnerabilities.
- Streamline compliance management and auditing: Implement industry standards from the time of deployment. Red Hat leads the industry in security standard certifications.
5 Improve efficiency and operational performance
Boosting efficiency can increase job satisfaction, enhance productivity, and reduce manual errors without requiring more staffing resources.
- Provide a consistent and repeatable management experience: Automate manual tasks, standardize deployment, and simplify day-to-day administration with integrated predictive analytics and remediation.
- Centralize administration: Improve IT efficiency, speed, and consistency across both local and remote infrastructure with a central management interface.
- Expedite future IT optimization: Use built-in tools to ensure optimal performance, increased efficiency, and streamlined management at scale.
6 Use infrastructure optimized for more value
Set your organization up for the future with a leading platform that includes a large partner ecosystem.
- Reduce IT burden: Gain confidence in deploying tested, verified, and supported solutions from Red Hat’s global ecosystem of certified partner solutions.
- Ensure optimization for critical workloads: Know that Red Hat collaborates with software partners and hardware original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to deliver an optimized platform that increases performance and availability for several popular workloads, including SAP HANA®, Microsoft SQL Server, and many other open source solutions.
- Enjoy industry-leading performance: Use existing optimizations that have resulted in a world record for total runtime and query executions in SAP Big Data Analytics,2 as well as leading TPC-H SQL Server price-performance results.3
7 Get the support and expertise you need
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription is designed to provide developers, architects, administrators, and operations teams with the tools and resources they need for you to find success on your IT journey.
- Customize your level of support: Choose from multiple support levels and options to ensure your unique requirements are met.
- Take advantage of Red Hat expertise: Give your team full access to the customer portal for best practices, reference architectures, documentation, videos, and collaborative discussions.
- Simplify life-cycle planning: Access published release cycles, end-of-maintenance dates, upgrade options, and compatibility information to help you plan and manage the life cycle of your critical applications.
Download our e-book, Experience Red Hat Enterprise Linux to discover how Red Hat’s enterprise open source technology powers the most essential areas of IT.
Red Hat client data and Fortune 500 list for 2021.
Shakshober, Douglas. “Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Intel's newest Xeon processors posts record performance results across a wide range of industry benchmarks.” Red Hat Blog, 16 April 2019.
Imershein, Louis, and Abbott, Karl. “These Microsoft SQL Server on RHEL 8 benchmark results might surprise you.” Red Hat Blog, 13 April 2021.