The healthcare landscape is evolving. Your organization must comply with changes associated with the Affordable Care Act and new regulations, connect to the wider healthcare community, overhaul inefficient business models, and cut costs—all while delivering safe, quality patient care.
What's the quickest and most effective way to respond to these changes? With a secure, open IT infrastructure. And as the world's leading enterprise open source provider, Red Hat has the expertise to build it for you or integrate our solutions into your existing environment.
In a 2012 Gatepoint Research survey, many healthcare executives said proprietary systems are negatively impacting IT, making it hard to address healthcare priorities. Unlike proprietary solutions, open source software is collaboratively created by hundreds of thousands of developers–including the very people from the healthcare industry who use and improve the software to meet their needs.
Our open source development model is a rapid, highly innovative, and cost-efficient approach to making software that's well-suited to the critical IT demands of the healthcare industry.
When I see a service or capacity or performance limitation with another operating system, I immediately consider Red Hat Enterprise Linux. We absolutely consider Red Hat a key strategic partner.Tim Erdel, Senior Directory of Technology Services, Cerner Learn More
Many top healthcare companies rely on Red Hat to protect their sensitive data using our solid security features and highly available solutions. Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® is the leading open source operating system. It lays a stable foundation that supports your changing requirements and secures your protected health information.
Red Hat JBoss® Middleware facilitates and simplifies the exchange of health information through seamless integration and automation. You can develop, deploy, and manage applications on-premise or in the cloud, and use our service-oriented architecture (SOA) integration and messaging technologies to integrate the healthcare community.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is optimized for major hypervisors (including Microsoft and VMware) and hardware, letting you scale to meet constantly changing healthcare needs.
In healthcare, flexible, cost-effective access to data any time you need it is critical. Red Hat Gluster Storage provides a virtual environment to store structured and unstructured data. It lets you efficiently manage your growing healthcare data requirements, controlling growth and the cost of the new data being generated every day.
Red Hat cloud products are consistent, enterprise-class environments that bridge the physical and virtual inside your datacenter and public clouds. Our technologies give you the flexibility to adapt to change at a moment's notice, while simplifying IT and controlling costs.
- Pulse report: Healthcare IT trends and Red Hat
- IDC whitepaper: The business case for standardizing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Open source, Red Hat, and security
- Develop 51% more applications and gain 569% ROI with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Economic benefits of scale-out storage
- Cloud infrastructure matters
- Simplify and streamline your Epic environment with Red Hat and Intel
- Red Hat achieves top security certification for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- McKesson adopts Red Hat Enterprise Healthcare Platform
- Florida Hospital enhances IT performance and patient care with Red Hat virtualization technology and consulting
- Leading cancer hospital cuts costs and improves application stability by standardizing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux®
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center cuts costs and improves performance with Red Hat
- ResMed breathes easy with impressive cost savings with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Middleware
- Lifespring Hospitals powers its entire IT infrastructure on Red Hat and open source solutions
- Highmark: Red Hat provides cost-effective solution for record management
- CRIX trusts Red Hat, Alfresco, and JBoss to quickly and safely speed new drugs to market
- Aragon Health Services ensures the availability of critical medical equipment with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Red Hat provides leading healthcare institution with a more cost-effective, dependable, and secure virtualization solution
- Cigna fuels innovation with self-service infrastructure provisioning powered by Red Hat
- Bilcare research cost-effectively scales for business growth with Red Hat Enterprise Linux with integrated virtualization