Visionary Thought Leaders to Keynote at Red Hat Summit 2014
Red Hat Announces Certification for Containerized Applications, Extends Customer Confidence and Trust to the Cloud
Red Hat Brings Enterprise Linux Platform to AWS GovCloud
Red Hat Launches Industry's Most Comprehensive Open Source BPM Suite
Red Hat to Webcast Middleware Press Conference on March 4
Red Hat Executives Named 2014 CRN Channel Chiefs
Red Hat Urges Supreme Court to Address Impediments to Innovation Posed By Patents On Software
Leading Universities Worldwide Manage Administrative and Research Data with Red Hat Open Software-defined Storage
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform Leveraged by Alcatel-Lucent, CloudBand™ as part of its Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Platform
Red Hat Launches JBoss Data Virtualization 6 to Help Enterprises Turn Big Data into Actionable Information
Subscribe to Red Hat’s company newsletter
Sign up for Red Hat Shares for our take on technology trends, open source software, recent industry news, and more.
- Red Hat is pretty good at being Red Hat
- RedMonk – September 21, 2017
- So it turns out Red Hat is pretty good at being Red Hat. By that I mean Red Hat sticks to the knitting, carries water and chops wood, and generally just does a good job of packaging open source technology for enterprise adoption. It’s fashionable these days to decry open source – “it’s not a business”. Maybe not for you, but for Red Hat it sure is.
- 8 speed bumps that may slow down the microservices and container express
- ZDnet – September 4, 2017
- Containers and microservices are paving the way to DevOps. However, as with any promising technology approach, they require management care and feeding.
- Open source helps Schiphol fly to multi-clouds
- ComputerWeekly – August 31, 2017
- Amsterdam airport Schiphol is utilising open source software to create and use a multi-cloud platform with an open API.
- What makes an open source project succeed?
- JAXenter – August 29, 2017
- What makes an open source project succeed? We all use open source projects in our daily lives, but not all projects are successful. Sometimes, they are just lonely github pages for one developer toiling away at their computer. Open source seems like it should be antithetical to corporate or institutional support.
- How to Ensure a Successful OpenStack Deployment
- InformationWeek – August 17, 2017
- This year, OpenStack has seen an increase in adoption across businesses of all sizes, not just in the enterprise. Regardless of organization size, deployments continue to grow. According to 451 Research and the OpenStack Foundation, 72% of OpenStack deployments are now between 1,000 and 10,000 cores in size, and happening in companies with under 10,000 employees. But as architects and IT teams are tasked with designing and deploying OpenStack clouds of this scale, they face many challenges that can negatively impact the results of a deployment.
- Top 5 container mistakes that cause security problems
- CSO – August 14, 2017
- While working independently is an important skill, your containers also have to be able to play well with others. Here are five of what Kristen Newcomer, security strategist at Red Hat, calls the biggest container mistakes to avoid, particularly when playing in your own sandbox.