As enterprises share, vet, and manage automation content across domains of their business, they need a foundation of an automation language that multiple people in the organization can understand. Pathways between these different domains must evolve to link multiple automation use cases, and governance and analytics become necessary to look across and manage these automation pathways.
Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform is the foundation for building and operating automation services at scale, providing enterprises a composable, collaborative, and trusted execution environment. It meets customers where they are in their automation journey, bringing them a flexible automation platform to facilitate success from multiple points in their IT infrastructure. Ansible’s simple, easy-to-read automation language has made it easy for teams across an organization to share, vet, and manage automation content. Now, Ansible Automation Platform helps create an ecosystem for sharing the best automation content across the entire IT organization.
Features and benefits
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform integrates Red Hat’s automation suite consisting of Red Hat Ansible Tower, Red Hat Ansible Engine, and use-case specific capabilities for Microsoft Windows, network, security, and more, along with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based capabilities and features for organization-wide effectiveness. Whether an organization is just beginning its automation journey or is working to expand automation across more use cases and domains, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform provides the tools to implement automation quickly. Organizations can use certified Ansible content without having to write their own playbooks and combine them with the correct modules and roles.
Multiple roles within the business can use Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, bringing the power of enterprise automation to more than just traditional DevOps workflows. Ansible Automation Platform provides security for content management, powerful analytics around automation deployments, and building blocks that can shorten the time to value when getting started with automation. Its SaaS-based services, available with other Red Hat cloud services at cloud.redhat.com, help deliver a more consistent automation user experience and fuel better collaboration to solve more IT challenges at once.
Pieces of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
|Platform component||Uses and benefits|
|Ansible Engine||Ansible Engine relies on the massive, global community behind the Ansible project. It adds the capabilities and assurance from Red Hat to help businesses adopt automation at any scale across the organization.|
|Ansible Tower||Ansible Tower is the enterprise foundation of Ansible Automation Platform, helping organizations scale IT automation, manage complex deployments, and govern automation. It allows users to centralize and control their IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, and more.|
|Content Collections||Content Collections makes it easier for Ansible users to get up and running with precomposed roles and modules. This prepackaged Ansible content is sorted by content domain and is backed by a robust partner network of certified modules, all requiring less upfront work by the customer to seek and assemble different roles and modules.|
|Automation Hub||Automation Hub is the official location to discover and understand Red Hat-supported Ansible content and Ansible Certified Partner content. This portal lets users get started faster with Ansible, find precomposed content written by Ansible Certified Partner organizations, and quickly share that content with other users.|
|Automation Analytics||Automation Analytics runs analytics across multiple Ansible Tower clusters, analyzing usage, uptime, and execution patterns across different teams running Ansible. Users can analyze, aggregate, and report on data around their automation and how that automation is running in their environment.|
Ansible Automation Platform allows users to take three simple actions with their enterprise automation journey:
- Create: Get started faster by combining the power of Ansible’s massive open source community and prebuilt Content Collections of the most-used Ansible roles and modules. Codify your infrastructure and share across teams and individuals where you are already running deployments, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
- Scale: Easily transfer your automation into multiple domains and across different use cases. Stakeholders across developer, operator, and line-of-business teams can now engage with Ansible in ways that work best for them and make sense for their individual roles without slowing development time.
- Engage: Take your automation even further with analytics, policy and governance, and content management. These tools in Ansible Automation Platform make day-to-day life more efficient, allowing you to solve problems once and share the results with everyone.
Breadth of integrations
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform supports a variety of platforms across servers, clouds, networks, containers, and more to meet you where you are in your automation journey:
- Operating systems and virtualization: Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, Windows and Windows Server, VMware
- Networks: Arista, Cisco, F5, Infoblox, Juniper, Palo Alto
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack®
- DevOps tools: Atlassian, Check Point, CyberArk, Datadog, IBM, Splunk