According to Red Hat’s 2021 Global Tech Outlook report1, nearly two thirds of organizations are focusing on digital transformation. While many organizations need to deliver software and services faster for their customers, they still need to maintain stability and security.
A Red Hat subscription meets that need. Customers have shared with us that they value Red Hat for being secure and reliable, for our commitment to open source, and for our customer support.1 With a Red Hat subscription, you have access to enterprise-ready, open source software and the resources you need to help you deliver solutions for your business—including support, security patches, and certified hardware, software, and cloud providers.
Features and benefits of a Red Hat subscription
Why should you purchase a subscription from Red Hat? This document outlines the features and benefits of a Red Hat subscription, including access to:
- Technical support and expertise.
- Security and accountability.
- A huge partner ecosystem.
- Supported life cycles.
- Product roadmaps.
- Proactive analytics and remediation.
Technical support and expertise
Support should be more than a number to call when something goes wrong. It is a commitment to product expertise, to identifying potential issues and best practices, and helping our customers perform at their best. With a Red Hat subscription, you have access to online and phone support, so you can work with an expert or resolve issues on your own time. Red Hat has support levels to match your needs as a company.
- Self-support: Teams have access to Red Hat® Knowledgebase, a collection of solutions, articles, videos, discussions, and product documentation created by our support engineers from the customer cases they solve.
- Standard support: Customers have unlimited access to technical support engineers during standard business hours in addition to all the documented solutions available through the Red Hat Customer Portal. Our initial response time is one business hour for severity 1 issues.
- Premium support: Customers have unlimited 24x7 access to our global network of experienced technical support engineers in addition to all the documented solutions available through the Red Hat Customer Portal. Our initial response is one hour for severity 1 issues.
You can open support cases in several ways—from the Red Hat Customer Portal, directly within Red Hat products with Red Hat Access, or by phone through the local support center. Once a case is opened, it is assigned to a specialized team of product-specific technical experts. If the issue is known, you will be directed to the appropriate content residing in the Red Hat Knowledgebase within the portal. Otherwise, Red Hat identifies and documents the resolution, adds the information to the Knowledgebase, and shares it with the Red Hat community.