Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus
Multicluster and multicloud Kubernetes brings new challenges
Organizations need to deliver innovative applications to fuel growth and success, but are challenged with the balance of growing the business to keep pace with rising customer expectations while optimizing costs and resources. As organizations expand their initial investments in Kubernetes and containers—beyond one or two clusters—and shift the entire software development process to the new platform, they need to rethink how to manage and protect the environment. In fact, 29% of enterprises now report having more than 10 Kubernetes clusters in production, and 74% have DevSecOps initiatives focused on modernizing the application process.
Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus product overview
Red Hat® OpenShift® Platform Plus, as part of the Red Hat OpenShift portfolio, provides a single hybrid cloud platform for enterprises to build, deploy, run, manage, automate, and safeguard intelligent applications at scale. Building on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, a solution trusted by global, industry-leading companies, OpenShift Platform Plus delivers an enterprise Kubernetes system for migrating existing workloads to the cloud or building new digital user experiences or deploying applications to edge locations.
With OpenShift Platform Plus, business leaders can deliver exceptional experiences without compromising quality or security. Development teams can build with speed, agility, confidence, and a choice of languages and frameworks. IT operations and security teams can support every application across infrastructures and clouds, with comprehensive security and cluster data management services following a DevSecOps approach that enhances developer productivity while minimizing risk. OpenShift Platform Plus changes how organizations undertake digital transformation journeys by helping customers deliver applications with increased speed, grow their business, and stay competitive.
OpenShift Platform Plus is deployed and managed by enterprise IT operations teams. The full portfolio includes several integrated technology solutions.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is a complete set of services that helps developers code applications with speed while providing flexibility and efficiency for IT operations teams. It includes multiple advanced open source capabilities that are tested and integrated with the underlying certified Kubernetes environment, such as Red Hat OpenShift Serverless, Red Hat OpenShift Pipelines and Red Hat OpenShift GitOps.
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes provides Kubernetes-native security to enhance infrastructure and workload security through the entire application life cycle across clusters whether they are running in a datacenter, in a cloud environment, or at edge locations.
- Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes provides end-to-end management visibility and control of your cluster and application life cycle, along with improved security and compliance of your entire multicluster Kubernetes domain across multiple datacenters and public clouds.
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation offers a cluster data management services layer that provides the full set of Kubernetes storage classes on any infrustructure, enhanced data resilience, and added security for Red Hat OpenShift environments. This cluster data management services layer can be used on top of existing block-based storage resources to provide extended and enriched services. Customers who need expanded data management and disaster recovery can upgrade to OpenShift Data Foundation Advanced.
- Red Hat Quay is a security-enhanced private registry platform for managing content across global datacenter and cloud environments, focusing on cloud-native and DevSecOps development models and environments.
Benefits of Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus
- Consistent user experience, management, and safety across hybrid infrastructure: Provides a consistent and uniform interface for administrators and developers, regardless of underlying infrastructure specifics—on-premise, in cloud environments, or at edge computing locations. As a result, teams can focus on innovation and deploy applications across mixed infrastructures more efficiently.
- Comprehensive tools for cloud-native application development: Includes the components you need to build, deploy, run, and safeguard your applications and data, or you can continue to use your existing tools, integrated with Red Hat OpenShift.
- Built-in security across the entire application lifecycle: Extends Red Hat OpenShift’s already robust focus on security and compliance capabilities with additional tools and capabilities for organizations that have unique, complex security requirements that vary across applications.
- End-to-end management and observability: Applies consistent operational policies for improved security, configuration, compliance, and governance of Kubernetes clusters across on-premise and cloud infrastructures.
Red Hat OpenShift portfolio: The choice for container solutions
Red Hat OpenShift is a leading enterprise Kubernetes platform, trusted by organizations across industries and the globe for application innovation.
- Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes Engine delivers the foundational, security-focused capabilities of enterprise Kubernetes on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® CoreOS to run containers in hybrid cloud environments.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform adds a full set of operations and developer services and tools, including OpenShift Serverless, OpenShift Service Mesh, and OpenShift Pipelines. It has everything teams need to get started on building new cloud-native applications or migrating existing applications to containers.
- Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus builds on OpenShift Container Platform and includes advanced multicluster security and extended management capabilities for organizations looking to build cloud-native applications at scale.