WHY MIGRATE TO CLOUD
Due to pressure to reduce operational costs and provide better agility to stakeholders, it is critical that IT support an array of workloads. And with more and more users turning to public cloud providers, organizations must evolve how they deliver and manage infrastructure and platform services.
Red Hat® Consulting helps customers with workloads running in a traditional virtualized infrastructure deploy and transition to a hybrid cloud infrastructure in which traditional virtualized workloads can coexist with cloud-ready applications under a common management platform. Our approach radically simplifies, organizes, and automates the process of migrating workloads from legacy platforms and delivers unified management for ongoing operations and growth. Red Hat Consulting will help you build a robust, flexible computing infrastructure to lower total cost of ownership (TCO), reduce provisioning time, deliver services faster, and streamline processes.
REALIZE THE POWER OF ADVANCED CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE
To successfully migrate your operating environment, Red Hat Consulting uses a holistic approach that modernizes and streamlines infrastructure and has been proven in Fortune 50 companies with multiple datacenters, thousands of virtual machines (VMs), and large application and test teams. Incorporating not just technology, but also your organization’s people and processes, we will work with you on a plan to tailor your applications for the cloud and provide a self-service catalog for users, all under the control of a single management interface. We will also show you how to use this approach and management interface to do iterative or phased workload migrations when they make sense, long after your initial migration successes.
Red Hat Consulting’s structured and iterative solution delivery framework delivers solution-oriented value early and often by focusing on four major phases:
- Discover: An exploratory session to define the problem scope, solution approach, and next-step recommendations. This pre-sales engagement serves to:
- Align your challenges and requirements with prevailing technologies, similar client experiences, and expected outcomes.
- Outline the overall problem domain, including current state, target state, and opportunities for initial solution sprints or phases.
- Design: Following discovery, an interactive and highly collaborative workshop with your key personnel will develop an integrated plan for migration, with components that focus on:
- Analysis of the current-state architecture and organizational practices for the migration.
- Strategy mapping across people, process, and technology to define a robust plan to evolve your approach, implementation, and management of infrastructure services.
- Architecture definition (high level) to address your target environment and workload portfolio requirements.
- Deploy: Working from the backlog developed and prioritized in the design workshop, we engage with your team via agile sprints or traditional projects to:
- Build and test an adaptable, resilient cloud migration infrastructure that resides in the heart of your open hybrid cloud or Red Hat Virtualization hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Prepare group workloads with meaningful attributes and define and test tailored migration automation processes.
- Migrate by scheduling and iteratively migrating workloads with a factory-like approach to efficiently bring end-user applications to your new infrastructure as business needs demand and opportunities arise, again and again.
- Manage the deployment of a self-service catalog and automated provisioning to easily address ongoing operations and scaling.
- Enable: Red Hat continues to help you succeed throughout deployment and beyond, helping:
- Mentor your operations, development, and governance teams to adopt collaborative approaches to streamline processes, plan for further evolution, and establish your own center of excellence for cloud migration and management.
- Train and certify your teams on current and emerging technologies and methodologies appropriate for their roles. With offerings spanning systems provisioning, operational governance, unified management, and more, Red Hat Training and Certification and certifications give your team the foundation to support, extend, and evolve your solutions.
WORLD-CLASS TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS FROM RED HAT'S OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS
For more than 15 years, organizations around the world have relied on Red Hat to help educate their staff. During that time, we have helped nearly two million students worldwide get the most out of their Red Hat technology investments. Red Hat Training and Certification’s hands-on, task-focused courses and exams give your team the skills they need to implement real-world changes — better and faster. Multiple options for learning and testing give you the freedom to choose where, when, and how your staff gains those skills.
THE RED HAT CONSULTING DIFFERENCE
With exclusive insight into upcoming features and product roadmaps, no consultant is better positioned to align teams, streamline processes, and make enterprise systems and applications work together using open source and proprietary technologies. Red Hat Consulting teams offer:
Communication straight from the source: Consultants — many of whom are also active contributors to the upstream open source communities behind Red Hat technologies — work directly with Red Hat support and product development organizations, resulting in unparalleled expertise.
Diverse technical experience: Consultants provide guidance based on a holistic understanding of building enterprise systems — not just Red Hat products.
Mentor-based approach: Red Hat believes that knowledge must be open and shared, just like source code. Consultants give clients the information and skills to safely and efficiently migrate to Red Hat solutions.
Request a free Red Hat Consulting Discovery Session today.