In this industry, market opportunities grow faster than IT budgets–and so do the challenges of handling huge amounts of data and complex transactions.
More than 50% of the world's financial trades are processed on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®.
The financial services industry has always been a leader in solving IT problems to remain competitive. That's why Wall Street, global investment banks, 28 stock exchanges, retail banks, and insurance companies worldwide have adopted Red Hat for their IT needs.
100% of commercial banks in the Fortune 500 rely on Red Hat
The trading industry is experiencing unprecedented growth in trade volumes and shrinking trade size. Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives you the solutions you need to handle this volatility.
Trading exchanges must handle huge amounts of data and complex transactions. They seek ways to lower costs and respond to new global competitors. They also must respond to multiple global government regulations.
One of the foundations of Red Hat's value to financial markets is that Wall Street's own IT professionals helped shape commercial open source and Red Hat as a company.
Data breaches are expensive—to your bottom line and your reputation. After a single breach, for example, one company "lost 50% of its market capitalization and...spent more than $32 million on legal fees, forensic costs, reserves for potential card brand fines, and other related settlement costs".
Financial services companies understand the importance of securing IT and data assets, and effectively managing and mitigating risk. Increasing regulations and requirements have amplified the focus on security and risk.
Red Hat solutions are tested and certified to ensure you get a secure, reliable product.Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, 2010 [PDF]
Your customers can't afford to miss out on valuable financial opportunities, and you can't afford to miss out on valuable customers. With Red Hat, you don't have to worry about either—you can count on a reliable IT infrastructure with less downtime and better performance.
Secure and affordable, our solutions give you technology and performance advantages and provide the low-latency, high-throughput infrastructure your financial services environment needs.
Cost management is the top-ranked strategic priority in financial services, according to Gartner's CEO and Senior Executive Survey. Financial market conditions are tough. Like most, you're probably being asked to drastically cut expenses. So how do you balance capital investment spending and operating expenses while choosing the right platforms and technologies? Red Hat can help.
The flexibility of the private cloud solution...and the execution and diligence to meeting our needs are the reasons why we consider Red Hat not just a vendor, but a trusted partner to our company.DON O'CONNOR, MANAGING DIRECTOR, TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS, MUFG UNION BANK Read the case study
Collaboration is the key to success and innovation. This is why Red Hat offers industry-leading consulting, in-depth training, and award-winning support for its customers and partners.
Red Hat offers flexible engagement models to help you meet your goals—even DevOps.
Red Hat’s courses are hands-on and role-based, and can help you become more agile.
- Frost Bank builds business-critical online banking system on JBoss Enterprise Platform
- MUFG Union Bank serves customers faster with private cloud from Red Hat
- FICO wins customers with Red Hat OpenStack cloud
- CenturyLink saves time and money, adds flexibility
- RCBC achieves reliability, stability, and business growth with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Banco Azteca decreases infrastructure costs by 40% and application errors by 99%
- ING-DiBa future-proofs, migrates from Solaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- E*TRADE migrates to Red Hat JBoss A-MQ from Sonic MQ and IBM WebSphere
- Accelerate DevOps with Red Hat Consulting and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- PKO Bank Polski chose Red Hat Enterprise Linux for their strategic migration from Unix platform
- With Red Hat technologies cZech Savings Bank lowered the costs of running IT infrastructure by 40%
- Financial Services Event Series: Containers in the financial enterprise
Get useful IT insights every month
Sign up for Red Hat Shares, a newsletter with our take on technology trends, open source software, recent industry news, and more.