Your budget shrinks, but you have to deliver more every year—consolidate, build shared services, increase security, and prepare for emergency situations. The answer? Stable, trustworthy, and secure Red Hat open source solutions.
Red Hat® technologies use the power of open source communities to make you more efficient, meet critical IT demands, and improve service delivery—all without vendor lock-in.
Learn more about:
From mandatory access controls to CDM and identity management, Red Hat provides the most secure, certified, and interoperable open source platforms for the most demanding missions in defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies.
Is your agency engaging with citizens and employees through mobile? Red Hat offers a mobile application platform that speeds up mobile application development with secure integration to back office systems and centralized control of security and policy management.
Like Red Hat, DevOps relies on open source software. Our Platform-as-a-Service can give you the speed and flexibility you need for a DevOps culture change without sacrificing the security, scalability, and management that your mission demands.
The cloud depends on open source, and Red Hat is the open source leader. Whether you’re building your own cloud with OpenStack, bridging public and private cloud, or just automating a virtualized data center, Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud platforms can help.
Big data demands better workflows, smarter storage, and an open source platform that pulls it all together. Red Hat partners with industry leaders for a secure, certified big data practice.
In particular, the ability to stand up IaaS and PaaS capabilities makes this deployment stand out as a success in the government sector.Munjeet Singh, Senior associate, Booz Allen Hamilton Learn More
Our open source technologies are being used throughout the federal government, from processing Medicare claims at the CMS to handling airplane traffic at the FAA to enhancing every tactical vehicle in the DOD, and in all 50 states.Read More
People. Passion. Participation. We're dedicated to helping state and local governments make a difference in their communities.Read More
We're deeply committed to the future of education, and ready to make your IT run smoothly so students, faculty, and administrators can focus on a better learning experience.Read More
In the public sector market, the Red Hat partner community helps customers implement innovative, cost-effective solutions that respond to business needs and deliver value.Read More
Mexico: Open Knowledge Program
More than 1,400 technology leaders share experiences and best practices with analysts, strategists, academics, and subject matter experts from the public sector.Explore the Open Knowledge Program
Download Red Hat whitepapers about open source in government to help your agency decide if Red Hat solutions can solve your business or IT problem.
- Collaborative Solutions for Innovative Government
- Are you controlling software costs? Or are software costs controlling you?
- Recognizing a decade of innovation
- SELinux: A new approach to secure systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Academic Edition
- Accenture and Red Hat solutions
- Red Hat: The government’s secure & trusted choice for open source solutions
- 10 steps to shape your mobility strategy
- Closing the IT delivery gap in government with secure, hybrid cloud
- Choosing an enterprise platform for big data
- FICO using OpenShift
- Robust solutions for continuous diagnostics mitigation
- Securing while innovating: Government security with Red Hat
- Solving security challenges for government cloud-based IT environments
- How the Shared Services Strategy is Bridging the Gap Between Business Managers and IT Shops
- Open Hybrid Cloud: Delivering Full Value on Cloud Services
- How Open Source Cloud Technology Can Eliminate IT Silos
- The Power of PaaS
- Accelerating Your DevOps Journey in the Public Sector
- Red Hat JBoss xPaaS services for OpenShift
- Picking the Right PaaS
- Red Hat Government Symposium 2015: Everything from Dev to Ops
- Government meets mission-critical IT demands with freedom of open source
- Red Hat's Gunnar Hellekson on the evolution of open source
- Canary Islands Government relies on Red Hat
- Red Hat's Paul Smith on open source trends
- Red Hat CloudForms: The role of appliances and architecture overview
- Networking with OpenShift Enterprise 3.1 by Red Hat
- Persistent storage in OpenShift by Red Hat
- Red Hat Ceph Storage network and security design principles
- DevOpsSec: A unified vision for DevOps and security in government agencies
- Securely Integrate Mobile Apps with Back-end Systems
- Run Your Agency at Scale: Kubernetes Powered Containers
- A Catalyst for Government
- Learn. Network. Experience Open Source with your government peers
- Getting the most out of your Docker container strategy
- How Open Source Can Help Overcome Government's Biggest Challenges
- Modernize your IT infrastructure for increased efficiency
- Your datacenter journey: Building a platform without boundaries
- Webinar: Tips for Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Environment (2015-3-19)
- Advantages of Migrating to the Cloud Using OpenStack
- Government Data & Apps: How to Build a Strategy for Migrating to the Cloud
- Government's Step by Step Path to the Cloud
- The Big Switch: Government Infrastructure in the Cloud
- Middleware for Government Cloud Based Integration
- Government as a Platform: Connecting the Dots
Get more in-depth information about Red Hat and open source in government.
- HCI Opportunities in Agency IT (GCN, 2016-06-24)
- Choosing an OS for Military IoT Systems (Military Embedded Systems, 2016-05-31)
- Avoiding Common Hang-ups in DevOps Pipelines (GCN, 2016-05-12)
- An Important Fix for the Federal Open Source Software Policy (GCN, 2016-04-13)
- Embedded systems, meet the Internet of Things (Military Embedded Systems, 2015-8-20)
- Agencies open up to OpenStack (FedScoop, 2016-06-02)
- 4 Steps to Consider When Creating a Cloud Strategy in 2016 (Nextgov, 2016-05-06)
- The University of Cambridge Chooses Red Hat as OpenStack Partner for HPC-as-a-Service Offering and Upstream Collaboration (2016-04-26)
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab moves to OpenStack Cloud Platform (FedScoop, 2016-04-25)
- Where cloud computing meets mission: Maximizing the cloud's potential (Nextgov, 2015-7-20)
- North Carolina transforms its state websites (Red Hat, 2016-05-26)
- What's really required to make application modernization work (GCN, 2015-12-09)
- PaaS the time: How platform-as-a-service is speeding up federal IT (GCN, 2015-8-31)
- How to make sure every DOD cloud has a security lining (FedScoop, 2015-7-21)
- 5 steps to a mobile-first strategy (GCN, 2016-07-25)
Find government-related open source and Red Hat events.
- Summer Germany Series, Germany (2016-07-18 through 2016-07-29)
- Ft. Belvoir Expo, Ft. Belvoir, VA (2016-07-21)
- DoDIIS, Atlanta, GA (2016-08-01 through 2016-08-03)
- CMS Security Control & Oversight Training, Baltimore, MD (2016-08-02)
- TechNet Augusta, Augusta, GA (2016-08-02 through 2016-08-04)
- FBI Tech Expo, Washington DC (2016-08-23)
Get useful IT insights every month
Sign up for Red Hat Shares, a newsletter with our take on technology trends, open source software, recent industry news, and more.