IT is being challenged to react faster to growing customer demands. So to meet the requirements of their end users, IT organizations are increasingly turning to Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) private clouds for their ability to swiftly deploy and scale IT infrastructure. But not every OpenStack® cloud stands up to the demands of a production-scale environment or can meet your performance, scalability, and security standards. Red Hat® OpenStack Platform does, and will help give you the competitive advantage you need to meet customer demands.
Clouds that scale
Scale to tens of thousands of systems with a proven infrastructure that handles the rigors of production use.
Linux® and OpenStack are co-engineered and integrated for enterprise functionality that boosts cloud performance and long-term stability.
What you need, when you need it
Deploy cloud-enabled workloads on your terms and timeline, and as your workloads and apps require.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux has earned some of the highest security credentials, including from the U.S. Department of Defense and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Address customer demands in hours or minutes—rather than weeks or days—without sacrificing security, performance, or your budget.
No more vendor dependency
Move to open technologies while continuing to use your existing infrastructure investments.
Keep your cloud environments stable and agile using included hybrid cloud management, monitoring, and reporting with Red Hat CloudForms.
Always up to date
Keep up with the rapid pace of innovation and the latest OpenStack features and functionality using the integrated director.
FICO lowered overall costs and improved solution time to market by 50% by deploying Red Hat OpenStack Platform as their infrastructure foundation, running OpenShift by Red Hat for DevOps, relying on Red Hat Ceph Storage, and using Red Hat CloudForms to provide hybrid operations management for all components.
With Red Hat OpenStack Platform, you get all the benefits you expect from Red Hat Enterprise Linux, plus the fastest-growing cloud infrastructure platform from OpenStack—both co-engineered to work seamlessly together. Because OpenStack is dependent on its underlying Linux operating system for everything from service operation and access, to hardware resources, to system performance, stability, and security, Red Hat OpenStack Platform delivers the next-generation core IaaS and secondary IaaS+ infrastructure for your private or public cloud.
Designed as the next-generation “engine” for installation and management, resource provisioning, and day-to-day management, the Red Hat OpenStack Platform director (based on TripleO) offers a massively scalable and highly extensible OpenStack management foundation.
In addition, Red Hat CloudForms (included) provides advanced infrastructure and workload management for your Red Hat OpenStack Platform cloud. Offering an intuitive, graphical interface and user portal to manage and control the under-cloud (management) and over-cloud (production) workloads, Red Hat CloudForms provides multiple advanced enterprise management features:
- A catalog of services
- Policy-based workflow orchestration
- User management
- Monitoring and reporting
- Scaling and template control
Red Hat OpenStack Platform enhances OpenStack with advanced features needed for cloud environments. OpenStack's tight integration with its underlying Linux operating system is critical in deploying a stable, high-performing cloud environment. This integration gives you key advantages, including:
- Proper installation and long-term stability with integrated tools, like automated health checks for all node types.
- Simplified daily operations and policy-driven orchestration, including virtual and bare-metal resource provisioning, monitoring and reporting, scaling control, and an intuitive service catalog for users.
- Ensured data access with system-wide high availability (including network and compute nodes) and improved failure detection time with automated fencing.
- Improved workload performance with the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor, using enhanced Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) features.
- Maximum network performance with Open vSwitch tunneling and support for single-root I/O virtualization networking and IPv6 networking for both the under-cloud and over-cloud.
- High data availability and easy backups using hardened storage services for block, image, and object storage. Also, use Red Hat Ceph Storage* for a fully redundant, highly available datastore.
Choose from a wide selection of software, hardware, integration, and services partners. Take advantage of broad application support with the world's largest OpenStack independent software vendor (ISV) partner certifications, so you can ensure compatibility and bring your applications to market faster.
It's in our DNA to provide open, flexible, and interoperable solutions. Red Hat OpenStack Platform gives you the choice and freedom to integrate with your existing datacenter infrastructure, as well as valuable solutions from both Red Hat and its partners—now and in the future.
We make implementing a cloud infrastructure easy by supporting you every step of the way.
- Make the most of your subscription, which includes integrated deployment and day-to-day management tools through the Red Hat OpenStack Platform director.
- Enjoy the benefits of infrastructure and workload management through Red Hat CloudForms (included), offering a catalog of services, user management, monitoring and reporting, and financial management such as compliance and chargeback.
- Take advantage of 64TB of Red Hat Ceph Storage, providing a robust scale-out and highly redundant storage solution for object, block, and file storage.*
- Capitalize on Red Hat's proven history of leadership and top code contributions in the Linux, OpenStack, and virtualization communities.
- Draw from Red Hat's unique market position to support you with world-class global support, expert consulting services, and certification and training for your OpenStack and cloud solutions.
Red Hat OpenStack Platform gives us 35% greater operational efficiency than before. We can now scale to handle many more clients with the same staffing levels and quality of support.Lauro de lauro, founder and chief executive officer, Dualtec cloud builders
See more successes
As the foundation for open networking, OpenStack gives the network and telco industry a path to better reliability and lower latency at a massive scale. Network functions virtualization (NFV) helps greatly reduce vendor lock-in and costs, and provides a standards-based platform for network innovation.Learn more
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, with training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training successes.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110)
- Learn how to install, configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210)
- Install, configure, and maintain a cloud computing environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310)
- Learn about the distributed storage features of Red Hat Ceph Storage and the storage and networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron. You'll also configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a back end for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) in Red Hat OpenStack
Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities to create, configure, and manage private clouds using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (Certification).
Candidates must pass the following exam to earn this credential:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) in Red Hat OpenStack
Demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage with Red Hat OpenStack Platform and configure advanced networking using the OpenStack Neutron service (Certification).
Candidates must pass the following exams to earn this credential:
Let Red Hat Consulting help you deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Red Hat Consulting Discovery Session: Cloud strategy
- Red Hat Consulting Assessment: Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Red Hat Consulting: Cloud migrations
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. We're here 24x7. Speak directly with Red Hat support engineers, or access our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal online, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
- Contact sales
- Our sales representatives are knowledgeable, friendly, and always ready to help.
- Find a partner
Red Hat has assembled the largest ecosystem of OpenStack-specific partners to provide compute, storage, networking, ISV software, and services to Red Hat OpenStack Platform deployments. Find a Red Hat partner that sells Red Hat OpenStack Platform or related applications.
Or, choose from among hundreds of hardware partners and thousands of software applications that have been certified for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat's OpenStack technology.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform Accelerator Service
- Red Hat Ceph Storage: Complete OpenStack Storage
- OpenStack Neutron and Software-defined Networking
- Dualtec excels with first Brazilian public cloud offering built on OpenStack [video]
- Penn State successfully updates research computing infrastructure [case study]
- FICO innovates with PaaS on OpenStack [case study]
- MorphLabs reinvents cloud services to meet customer demands [case study]
- Nanyang Technical University increases efficiency and performance while saving costs [case study]
As a Red Hat OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure Partner Network member, you assure your customers that they're engaging with an industry-leading solution provider that works with Red Hat to test and certify joint solution components as validated and fully supported.
We give you the resources to build expertise around Red Hat OpenStack Platform, expand your visibility to more than 1 million Red Hat customers, and much more.Visit our Partner Center
Red Hat's Hardware Certification Program ensures compatibility between Red Hat software products and hardware from industry-leading partners. In addition to hardware tests that verify compatibility, the program requires an active support relationship between Red Hat and the hardware partner. This relationship is your assurance that Red Hat and the certified hardware partner will work together to address issues should the need arise.Learn more
Get started with a free 60-day evaluationRegister Now
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.