Introduction to authoring and deploying business rules with Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source business automation platform for business rules management that facilitates business policy and rules development, access, and management. Decision Manager includes a fast and highly efficient rule engine and easy-to-use rules development tools, management system, and git-based repository. In this course, you will learn how to author, test, and debug business rules, how to generate rule packages, and how Decision Manager’s runtime environment executes rules using both drools and Decision Model Notation (DMN). This course is based on Red Hat Decision Manager 7.9. The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Decision Management exam (EX364) is included in this offering.
Course content summary
- Author rules with guided decision tables.
- Implement test-driven rule design using Business Central.
- Implement advanced rule field constraints with Drools Rule Language (DRL).
- Execute rules using the KIE API.
- Resolve rule conflicts with rule flow attributes.
- Author decisions with Decision Model Notation.
- Define rules for complex event processing.
Audience for this course
This course is designed for application developers and business rules developers.
Java SE and Java EE experience is helpful.
Internet access required.
Outline for this course
- Introduction to Red Hat Decision Manager
- Describe foundational concepts of business automation and Red Hat Decision Manager
- Author Basic Rules in Business Central
- Create and test basic rules using Business Central
- Author Rules with DRL
- Create DRL rules using advanced conditions and field constraints in Decision Central
- Integrate Decision Manager Applications
- Integrate Decision Manager applications with other applications using the Rest API and the Java API Client code
- Implement Best Practices for DRL
- Identify advanced conflict resolution and implementing best practices for DRL rules
- Implement Decisions with DMN
- Describe and use DMN to implement decisions in Red Hat Decision Manager
- Define Rules for Complex Event Processing
- Describe and use complex event processing (CEP) with rules
Impact on the organization
Only 37% of most typical business processes have been digitized. By automating, adapting, and redesigning business rules, organizations can modernize their portfolio, empower employees, engage customers, and innovate their products. At the center of running and designing process driven apps are Red Hat Decision Manager and Red Hat Process Automation Manager. Decision Manager and Process Automation Manager enable developers to automate business processes and business rules in a low-code environment. This training presents the opportunity for developers to get hands-on experience with Red Hat Decision Manager 7.8 to develop business rules to help their organizations react quickly to market changes.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to use the concepts in this course to simplify and more efficiently manage and automate their application’s business rules. Through hands-on experience, you will learn how to create automated business decisions and integrate those rules engines into enterprise applications.