In the digital business era, you need agility to seize new opportunities while efficiently maintaining legacy, on-premise systems. Development teams must deliver high-quality software more quickly than ever before. Drawn-out development and slow delivery aren't acceptable.
You need to integrate new development processes and architectures—such as microservices. And you must choose platforms that provide the flexibility to support these modern approaches. Carefully consider how to establish a flexible technology foundation for your application development strategy. Prioritize delivering applications with greater agility, flexibility, and speed while gaining maximum efficiency.
See the value of standardizing your application development efforts.Get the whitepaper
Trends like big data, the Internet of Things (IoT), and mobile require organizations to respond and adjust faster than ever. A good first step is to implement DevOps methodologies.
A DevOps strategy doesn’t stop at changing organizational culture, team structure, and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery processes. DevOps maturity can only be achieved when organizations also choose DevOps-friendly tools, technologies, and platforms. These technologies are changing the way developers code and deploy apps, enabling high-quality applications to be delivered in days, or even minutes.Learn more about DevOps
Our developer teams can create, test and deploy new applications or modified processes much faster than before. Since JBoss Enterprise Application Platform has been in production, deploying a new setup can be done in about 20 minutes. That’s half the time we needed before and an enormous productivity gain for the IT organization.Oliver Hummel, JEE operations expert, ING-DiBa
Microservices change the way apps are architected. According to IDC*, more than half (55%) of all organizations are planning to deploy a microservices-based architecture in the future. 28% plan to in the next 12 months. Building apps from modular microservices—created and owned by multiple teams—offers significant advantages to developers, including more granular software deployment.
Containers add flexibility and portability to provision and run virtualized apps and services in hybrid cloud environments. Container and app orchestration capabilities are also needed to scale. The key to success finding a flexible application platform to extend and improve current applications while supporting these new architectural approaches.
*IDC "The Emergence of Microservices as a New Architectural Approach to Building New Software Systems" by Al Hilwa, June 2015
Application architects and developers realize the growing importance of compelling application experiences, which also means they must be blazing fast at any scale.
This is a challenging combination of design goals because:
- Modern app experiences require more and faster data access
Great user experience is ever more dependent on application performance and quality. Even a few seconds delay can mean the difference between success and failure for a new business initiative.
- Data bottlenecks are becoming more common
This is especially true as organizations need to process larger volumes, greater varieties, and a higher velocity of data to meet customer expectations.
Red Hat®JBoss®Middleware technologies offer organizations the flexibility they need to build high-quality, deploy-anywhere applications that meet demanding performance requirements. With Red Hat, you don’t need to worry about your legacy apps as you embrace new technologies and processes—JBoss Middleware offers you the best of both worlds. JBoss Middleware application platform technologies include:
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- A fully certified Java™ EE 7 platform, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is an enterprise-grade platform that gives you everything you need to develop and deploy applications anywhere, including Red Hat OpenShift.
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
- With Red Hat JBoss Data Grid—an in-memory, distributed, NoSQL datastore solution—your applications can access, process, and analyze data at in-memory speed to deliver a superior user experience.
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server
- A single solution for large-scale websites and lightweight Java web applications. Includes certified, production-ready versions of Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, and common connectors used in between.
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
- JBoss Operations Network is a key component of JBoss Middleware's managed solutions, providing a single point of control to deploy, manage, and monitor your middleware products, applications, and services.
- Red Hat JBoss Core Services
- Included with most JBoss Middleware subscriptions at no additional cost, JBoss Core Services provide essential capabilities for enterprise applications. Easily build applications with an included wide array of components, such as single sign-on services for authentication.
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- JBoss Developer Studio provides superior support for your entire development life cycle in a single development tool tailored for extreme productivity. JBoss Developer Studio is a certified, Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) for developing, testing, and deploying rich web apps, mobile web apps, transactional enterprise apps, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based integration apps and services.
- Benefits of Migration to Modern Middleware Services
- IDC: How JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is Extending Business Value
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid: The perfect solution for big data and application performance
- Improving Application Scalability with In-Memory Data Grids
- How to Get Started with PaaS
- The Forrester Wave™: In-Memory Data Grids, Q3 2015
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Tata Sky reduces TCO by 75% replacing proprietary middleware with Red Hat JBoss Middleware
- PinkRoccade reduces costs by more than 30% with Red Hat
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
Red Hat JBoss Web Server
- Servicios increases availability, flexibility, scalability of SUBE project with Red Hat solutions
- APD builds procurement solution like no other with Red Hat JBoss Middleware
- Essar implements global HR portal with Red Hat solution