Businesses are modernizing technology and processes to stay competitive, regardless of industry. However, this can make it difficult to maintain and secure your cloud environment. Cloud security is a shared responsibility with cloud providers, and missed best practices by end users often lead to security failures. Managed cloud services with built-in security features can help simplify modernization efforts.
Use these 4 ways to help your organization boost cloud security.
1. Accelerate implementation with integrated security
Prioritize security across your entire cloud environment. Shift security efforts earlier and throughout the development cycle with a secure software supply chain, automated DevSecOps practices, and application security at runtime.
Red Hat® OpenShift® cloud services provide built-in security features and helps your organization to:
- Simplify software deployment and reduce operational complexity with automated security maintenance, ongoing monitoring, and preventative remediation built into your fully managed services.
- Assess your Kubernetes platform configuration and secure it with automated deployment policies using integrated platform configuration and life cycle management, identity and access management, security for platform data, and attached storage.
- Ensure that DevOps best practices and internal controls are incorporated into your security platform’s configuration checks.
2. Delegate risk management and improve productivity
Increase efficiency and speed up application development by refocusing teams on higher-value initiatives. As a shared responsibility, offloading security and infrastructure management needs can:
Shorten application development and deployment by up to 70% and help teams quickly scale and continuously evolve applications.1
- Improve operational efficiency by freeing up DevOps teams previously responsible for managing infrastructure.
- Help developers break down updates into smaller pieces, reducing the pressure of extensive testing and limited timelines.
- Create a streamlined and curated development experience across hybrid cloud environments.
3. Reduce risk with automation and proactive management
Eliminate the need to hire dedicated security experts for your application platform and reduce the costs and resources required to maintain your cloud environment. Fully managed cloud services can help you:
- Focus on value-driven and growth-related tasks without the burden of manually applying security updates and patches, which are managed by Red Hat site reliability engineering (SRE).
- Mitigate the need for in-house infrastructure management, which adds a significant amount of responsibility and risk to your development team’s workload. Organizations who use OpenShift cloud services recaptured 20% of their developer’s time.
- Reduce misconfigurations in your Kubernetes and container platform, which IT professionals say are almost three times as concerning as cyberattacks.
4. Select a provider with proven experience in security
Maintain a consistent and reliable user experience designed to operate with any major cloud provider, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, and Google Cloud.
With deep roots in open source security, Red Hat helps you integrate security throughout the entire life cycle, infrastructure, and application stack by providing:
- A defense-in-depth strategy that defaults to Zero Trust policies, and a partner ecosystem that extends security principles.
- Integrated security across people, processes, and technologies to manage, automate, and adapt infrastructure to maintain security and compliance.
- A 24x7 global SRE team that provides management and security of application platforms, management, and data services.
- Cloud security services that minimize outages and systems failures on the strength of a financially backed 99.95% SLA.