Advance your business with modern IT infrastructure
Organizations are digitally transforming1 to take advantage of growth opportunities in new markets, adapt to evolving customer behaviors and preferences, and combat increased competitive pressure. As a result, modernizing infrastructure1 with increased agility, flexibility, manageability, and security is a top long-term goal for 49% of organizations. Technologies like containers, microservices, and cloud infrastructure support these digital transformation efforts.
Digital transformation activities can help IT organizations to progress and become more valuable to their business. Modernization projects often receive significant funding and resources. This allows IT staff to update their skills and deploy the technologies they need to support business. In fact, 61% of surveyed organizations have an annual digital transformation budget of more than US$5 million1.
As a critical part of your business infrastructure, your SAP® environment can also benefit from modernization. To continue receiving SAP support organizations must migrate their underlying databases to SAP HANA® and their existing SAP applications to SAP S/4HANA® by 2027. SAP HANA is supported only on Linux® operating systems, so many organizations must also choose and deploy a new Linux foundation in their datacenter.
An in-memory data platform with transactional and analytical capabilities, SAP HANA provides a foundation to conduct real-time data analytics, optimize performance, and simplify business operations — in a single system. Transactions and analytics are processed on a single data copy to deliver insight from live data many times faster than disk-based relational databases. SAP HANA also incorporates databases, advanced analytic processing, applications, and integration services into a single platform that can run all of your SAP enterprise applications, including SAP S/4HANA. These new capabilities increase the demands on your infrastructure and require optimized performance, scalability, and reliability.
Migrating to SAP HANA also presents an opportunity to realign your SAP environment with an open source digital transformation strategy. By modernizing your SAP environment, you can gain faster data access for users and applications, more accurate insight via machine learning models, and increased agility to better support digital business demands.
Choose expert partners to help you transform
Red Hat and Intel have common strategic goals and a strong partnership that spans more than two decades. Both companies focus on hybrid and multicloud infrastructure as the foundation for the future. Hybrid environments bring together the technologies, tools, and processes you need to modernize today and adapt to ongoing change. Open technologies are a key part of hybrid strategies, and Red Hat and Intel collaborate in upstream open source projects to deliver enterprise-focused features and technologies. The companies also help you navigate digital transformation with solutions that provide more choice, flexibility, and innovation.
Red Hat and Intel also have long-standing relationships with SAP. Red Hat® Enterprise Linux is one of two Linux platforms certified for SAP HANA and SAP S/4HANA. Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions is optimized for SAP workloads and migrations. It includes additional content to meet the demands of complex database environments. High availability and update support options provide the reliability and support your organization needs for critical business applications.
Part of a multiyear technology partnership to optimize Intel platforms for SAP applications, the Intel and SAP Center of Excellence demonstrates the capabilities of Intel and SAP technology for digital transformation. Through engineering collaboration, SAP HANA fully supports Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel Optane™ DC persistent memory, allowing significant advances in performance, business continuity, and data insight and analysis.
These partnerships help all three companies plan and integrate their technology roadmaps to offer the optimized joint solutions customers demand, faster.
Modernize your SAP environment and IT foundation with Red Hat and Intel
Red Hat and Intel provide modern foundation for both your IT infrastructure and your SAP landscape, allowing you to build a standardized, consistent architecture throughout your organization. The companies combine open source platform, container, automation, and integration technologies with innovative processors, storage, and networking to deliver a flexible, high-performance foundation for critical workloads. These components are tested and certified to work together reliably and integrated for increased performance, stability, and manageability.
- Second-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, high-performance processors designed for hybrid cloud environments and optimized across workloads.
- Intel Optane DC persistent memory, high-speed, high-density, non-volatile memory that boosts performance for demanding applications and combines large capacity with data persistence in an affordable package.
- Intel Optane DC solid-state drives (SSDs), high-performance, large capacity storage that eliminates processing bottlenecks and supports bigger data sets cost-effectively.
- Intel Ethernet 800 series network adapters, high-throughput, low-latency networking for demanding cloud and enterprise workloads.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions, a flexible, enterprise Linux platform for bare-metal, virtual, container, and cloud environments, with SAP-specific optimizations and add-ons.
- Red Hat Insights, a proactive identification and remediation tool for threats to security, performance, availability, and stability.
- Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform, a complete automation platform with a human-readable language for adopting DevOps practices.
- Red Hat OpenShift®, an enterprise-grade Kubernetes container application platform.
- Red Hat Integration, a comprehensive set of integration and messaging technologies to connect applications and data across hybrid infrastructure.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage, persistent, scalable, software-defined storage for container environments that is integrated with Red Hat OpenShift.