Advance your business with modern IT infrastructure
Organizations are digitally transforming to increase productivity, improve technology support for operations, and take advantage of new opportunities.1 As a result, modernizing IT infrastructure to increase agility, flexibility, manageability, and security is a top initiative for 46% of organizations.1 Technologies like containers, microservices, and cloud infrastructure support these digital transformation efforts.
Digital transformation activities can help IT organizations to progress and become more valuable to their business. Modernization projects often receive significant funding and resources. This allows IT staff to update their skills and deploy the technologies they need to support business.
As a critical part of your business infrastructure, your SAP® environment can also benefit from modernization. To continue receiving SAP support organizations must migrate their underlying databases to SAP HANA® and their existing SAP applications to SAP S/4HANA® by 2027. SAP HANA is supported only on Linux® operating systems, so many organizations must also choose and deploy a new Linux foundation in their datacenter.
An in-memory data platform with transactional and analytical capabilities, SAP HANA powered by Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel Optane™ Persistent Memory (PMem) provides a foundation to conduct near real-time data analytics in the cloud or at the edge for faster time to insight with optimized performance and simplified business operations—in a single system. Transactions and analytics are processed on a single data copy to deliver insight from live data many times faster than disk-based relational databases. SAP HANA, with certified Intel technology, also incorporates databases, advanced analytic processing, applications, and integration services into a single platform that can run all your SAP enterprise applications, including SAP S/4HANA. These new capabilities increase the demands on your infrastructure and require optimized performance, scalability, and reliability.
Migrating to SAP HANA also presents an opportunity to realign your SAP environment with your overall digital transformation strategy. By modernizing your SAP environment, you can gain faster data access for users and applications, more accurate insight via machine learning models, and increased agility to better support digital business demands.
Choose expert partners to help you transform
Red Hat and Intel have common strategic goals and a strong partnership that spans more than two decades. Both companies focus on hybrid and multicloud infrastructure as the foundation for the future. SAP instances, powered by SAP-certified Intel technology, deliver faster access to more data, enabling operational automation, on-demand elasticity, and improved security and compliance capabilities. Hybrid environments bring together the technologies, tools, and processes you need to modernize today and future-ready your investment, for lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and greater return on investment (ROI). Open technologies are a key part of hybrid strategies, and Red Hat and Intel collaborate in upstream open source projects to deliver enterprise-focused features and technologies. The companies also help you navigate digital transformation with solutions that provide more choice, flexibility, and innovation over your deployments, so you can scale up or out as needed with the proven reliability and quality of service that supports more uptime and producitivity.
Red Hat and Intel also have long-standing relationships with SAP. Red Hat® Enterprise Linux is one of two Linux platforms certified for SAP HANA and S4/HANA. An optimized offering for SAP workloads, Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions includes additional content to meet the demands of complex database environments. High availability and update support options provide the reliability and support your organization needs for critical business applications.
Part of a multiyear technology partnership to optimize Intel platforms for SAP applications, the Intel and SAP Center of Excellence demonstrates the capabilities of Intel and SAP technology for digital transformation. Through engineering collaboration, SAP HANA fully supports Intel Xeon Scalable processors and Intel Optane Persistent Memory, allowing significant advances in performance, business continuity, and data insight and analysis.
These partnerships help all three companies plan and integrate their technology roadmaps to offer the optimized joint solutions customers demand, faster
Modernize your SAP environment and IT foundation with Red Hat and Intel
Red Hat and Intel provide modern foundation for both your IT infrastructure and your SAP landscape, allowing you to build a standardized, consistent architecture throughout your organization. The companies combine open source platform, container, automation, and integration technologies with innovative processors, storage, and networking to deliver a flexible, high-performance foundation for critical workloads. These components are tested and certified to work together reliably and integrated for increased performance, stability, and manageability.
- Intel Xeon Scalable processors, high-performance processors designed for hybrid cloud environments and optimized for SAP HANA.
- Intel Optane Persistent Memory, high-speed, high-density, non-volatile memory that boosts performance for demanding applications and combines large capacity with data persistence in an affordable package. Larger capacity at reduced cost.
- Intel Optane Solid-State Drives (SSDs), high-performance, large capacity storage that eliminates processing bottlenecks and supports bigger data sets cost-effectively.
- Intel’s hardware enhanced security features—such as Intel SGX or AESNI—that offer security of data when at rest, in transit, or in use.
- Intel Internet of Things (IoT) market ready solutions.
- Intel Ethernet 800 Series Network Adapters, high-throughput, low-latency networking for demanding cloud and enterprise workloads.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions, a flexible, enterprise Linux platform for bare-metal, virtual, container, and cloud environments, with SAP-specific optimizations and add-ons.
- Red Hat Insights, a proactive identification and remediation tool for threats to security, performance, availability, and stability.
- Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform, a complete automation platform with a human-readable language for adopting DevOps practices.
- Red Hat OpenShift®, an enterprise-grade, Kubernetes-based container application platform.
- Red Hat Integration, a comprehensive set of integration and messaging technologies to connect applications and data across hybrid infrastructure.
- Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation, persistent, scalable, software-defined storage for container environments that is integrated with Red Hat OpenShift.