Note: This credential is no longer available.
An application developer who is a Red Hat® Certified Specialist in Persistence has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to use the Java™ Persistence API (JPA) with JBoss® Hibernate®. Hibernate is a high-performance, object-relational persistence and query service that implements JPA and is included in Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
An enterprise application developer who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Persistence is capable of performing the following tasks:
- Configuring JPA and Hibernate
- Mapping Java objects to relational tables
- Mapping object associations to relationships
- Managing transactions
- Creating and retrieving persistent objects
- Manipulating persistent objects
The following audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Persistence:
- Experienced Java application developers and architects
- Business component and database developers
- Retired - EX297 - Red Hat Certified Specialist in Persistence exam
- Demonstrate your ability to create and maintain Java applications that use the Java Persistence API (JPA) with JBoss Hibernate.