Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile and preferences, and the following services based on your customer status:
Not registered yet? Here are a few reasons why you should be:
- Browse Knowledgebase articles, manage support cases and subscriptions, download updates, and more from one place.
- View users in your organization, and edit their account information, preferences, and permissions.
- Manage your Red Hat certifications, view exam history, and download certification-related logos and documents.
Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile, preferences, and other services depending on your customer status.
For your security, if you're on a public computer and have finished using your Red Hat services, please be sure to log out.Log out
Red Hat Certification
Retired - Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization
Note: This credential is no longer available.
An IT professional who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to federate data from multiple sources using Red Hat® JBoss® Data Virtualization.
A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization is capable of performing the following tasks:
Establish and import data sources
- Import from Flat File Source locally
- Import from Flat File Source ftp
- Import from RDBMS
Federate and transform data
- Use the Teiid Designer wizards to automatically generate data models
- Understand and update generated models
- Apply simple data transformations such as Type Casting
- Apply complex transformations inbuilt transformation functions
- Use the various inbuilt translators
- Aggregate different typed data stores to create a federated view including:
- Files (flat and XML)
- Multiple, different relational database
- Implement SQL logic from distinct data stores
- Understand and implement materialized views
- Improve performance by using in memory cache
- Use techniques to bypass caches as needed
- Tune caching behavior for specific requirements
- Create READ procedure
- Expose procedure results as XML or JSON
- Expose data as RestFul services
- Understand and anticipate performance issues
- Package and deploy virtual databases
- Understand how to use Teiid Designer to control and mange the Data Virtualization runtime
The following audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization:
- Developers and architects who will be responsible for modeling and creating federated views of multiple, different data sources using Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
- Database administrators who may be involved in a project using Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization to model and create federated views of multiple, different data sources
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Data Virtualization exam tests candidates' skills and knowledge in the use of Red Hat Data Virtualization to integrate multiple data sources.