NOTE: This credential is no longer available.
An IT professional who has earned the Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Directory Services and Authentication has demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to implement and manage Red Hat Directory Server to provide Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services and to configure centralized authentication and access control using Red Hat Directory Server and Kerberos.
Someone who has earned the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Directory Services and Authentication is capable of:
- Understanding and use basic LDAP concepts.
- Installing, configuring, and managing Red Hat Directory Server.
- Managing authentication on Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems using pluggable authentication modules (PAM) and glibc name switch service (NSS).
- Using Kerberos and LDAP to centrally manage user authentication.
- Configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to use Microsoft Active Directory for authentication.
A candidate must have passed the following exam to earn this credential:
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Directory Services and Authentication is no longer offered to new candidates.