This credential is no longer available.
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Security: Network Services has demonstrated deep skills, knowledge, and abilities in securing network services on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®.
An RHCE who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Security: Network Services is capable of:
- Mastering basic service security
- Understanding and using cryptographic tools
- Securing Berkley Internet Name Domain (BIND) and Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Hardening remote procedure call (RPC) services
- Using Kerberos for centrally managed user authentication
- Improving network file system (NFS) security with Kerberos and NFSv4
- Using secure shell (SSH) for tunneling and other advanced purposes
- Building a secure email infrastructure
- Securing File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and HTTP services
- Conducting basic intrusion detection and response
To achieve certification, a student must have passed this exam:
The following audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Security: Network Services
- RHCEs responsible for network services, especially in an enterprise network's DMZ.
- RHCEs working for Internet hosting providers.
- RHCEs working in enterprise environments who wish to demonstrate deeper security skills.
- RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) or Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS).