ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ BRMS Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Alliance program gains momentum with launch of Red Hat Linux Advanced Server
RaleighUnited States, May 29, 2002
Top Software and Hardware Vendors unite with Red Hat to accelerate Linux in the enterprise
Through the Red Hat Alliance, Red Hat has forged long-term relationships with partners who are supporting Red Hat's enterprise family of products, including the recently released Red Hat Linux Advanced Server. Advanced Server is the ideal Linux solution for partners and customers due to longer release cycles, added enterprise-class features, and unprecedented reliability and stability.
The Red Hat Alliance provides viable Linux solutions to enterprise customers through:
- Certification -- Certified software and hardware programs assure customers that their applications and hardware are certified to work on Red Hat's enterprise products.
- Support -- Red Hat will work closely with its partners to ensure that customers deploying enterprise-class Linux solutions receive enterprise-class support.
- Technology -- Red Hat and its partners will collaborate to improve Linux solutions for enterprises looking to migrate to Red Hat Linux.
The two levels of participation in the Red Hat Alliance include:
- Red Hat Premier Partners -- These partners include some of the most widely known technology companies in the industry. Red Hat is helping to enable these ISVs, hardware OEMs and embedded technology vendors to deliver their solutions on Red Hat Linux enterprise products. For a listing of Red Hat's premier partners, visit http://www.redhat.com/partners
- Red Hat Ready Partners -- These partners have expanded access to Red Hat products and services, and assistance in porting applications and systems to the enterprise product line. Partners also can access the Red Hat Alliance Portal, an online resource for technology, development and marketing materials, and participate in promotional activities surrounding the Red Hat Alliance. More information on the Red Hat Ready program is available at http://www.redhat.com/partners
"The Red Hat Alliance program is a milestone for Red Hat, uniting the top hardware, software and embedded technology providers in a partnership with Red Hat to deliver the best enterprise Linux solutions to their customers," said Mark de Visser, vice president of marketing at Red Hat. "We look forward to working with our partners to drive further innovation in Linux-based enterprise solutions."
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading open source and Linux provider, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with satellite offices spanning the globe. Red Hat is leading Linux and open source solutions into the mainstream by making high quality, low cost technology accessible. Red Hat provides operating system software along with middleware, applications and management solutions. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide and through top-tier partnerships. Red Hat's open source strategy offers customers a long term plan for building infrastructures that are based on and leverage open source technologies with focus on security and ease of management. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com
Forward-looking statements in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release that are not strictly historical statements, including, without limitation, management's plans and objectives for future operations, and management's assessment of market factors, constitute forward-looking statements which involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, reliance upon strategic relationships, management of growth, the possibility of undetected software errors, the risks of economic downturns generally, and in Red Hat's industry specifically, the risks associated with competition and competitive pricing pressures, the viability of the Internet, and other risks detailed in Red Hat's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be accessed through the SEC's Web site at http://www.sec.gov.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.