ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Collaborates with Partners to Launch New Test Drives on Amazon Web Services
ScottsdaleAZ, Global, January 13, 2014
CITYTECH, Shadow-Soft, and Vizuri show how users can ease into the cloud with Red Hat and Amazon Web Services
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. – January 13, 2014 – Red Hat North America Partner Conference – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), a leading provider of open source solutions, today announced new Test Drives on Amazon Web Services (AWS) with three Red Hat partners – CITYTECH, Shadow-Soft, and Vizuri. Through the AWS Test Drive program, users can quickly and easily explore and deploy ready-made solutions built on Red Hat technologies. Test Drives labs are provided free of charge and include complimentary AWS server time, helping organizations ease into the cloud and get hands on experience running production ready workloads on AWS.
New Test Drives from Red Hat partners include:
- CITYTECH, Inc. is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Consulting Partner and leader in digital strategy, web experience management, and cloud management services. For their Red Hat Test Drive, users will interact with sample business and process workflows and modify a mortgage application's business flow. From there they will be able to see approvals and denials in real-time and make changes on the fly. Featuring the soon-to-be-released Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite, Red Hat JBoss Data Grid, and Red Hat JBoss Operations Network, this Test Drive gives customers hands on experience with Red Hat JBoss Middleware on the AWS platform.
- Shadow-Soft is a Red Hat Premier partner and expert open source systems integrator. Their Test Drive provides users a hands-on experience with Red Hat’s business process management (BPM) and complex event processing (CEP) offerings in a single, flexible platform delivered on AWS. Within a matter of minutes, users can login as an administrator, create, and explore the sample repository, and load one or more custom repositories with additional sample data and use cases. Using a simulated e-commerce store scenario, users will also be able to implement a live pricing rule change, demonstrating the ease with which technical and non-technical users can manage business rules changes in real-time. Featuring an integrated bundle of Red Hat JBoss BRMS, JBoss Operations Network, and OC Systems’ RootCause Transaction Instrumentation (RTI) application performance management tool, users are also able to manage, monitor, and view detailed performance transaction reports of the entire BRMS environment.
- Vizuri is a strategic partner, system integrator and authorized reseller for leading enterprise open source software vendors. Vizuri’s Test Drive shows users how to securely control their data in a cloud using Red Hat’s software-defined storage offering and the complete application stack running on their own servers. As the use of cloud-based file- and data-sharing services continues to rise, companies are finding that many associates are syncing data to personal devices outside of their company’s control and policies - increasing the risk of data leakage and security breaches. With this Test Drive, users are able to see how they can manage and scale their solution as it replicates within and across their datacenters. In addition to Red Hat Storage, Vizuri's Test Drive will feature ownCloud, an open source file sync and share solution.
Red Hat plans to work with additional Red Hat partners to release more AWS Test Drives through the coming year. For more information on the AWS Test Drive program for Red Hat, visit aws.amazon.com/testdrive/redhat/, or for questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Hat North America Partner Conference
The Test Drives hosted by CITYTECH, Shadow-Soft, and Vizuri will be featured and available for demonstrations during the Red Hat Cloud Symposium and in the Partner Pavilion during Red Hat’s North America Partner Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz. from Jan. 13-15, 2014.
Mark Enzweiler, senior vice president, Global Channel Sales, Red Hat
"We are excited to create Red Hat based solutions on AWS with our extended partner ecosystems. We've enjoyed working with CITYTECH, Shadow-Soft, and Vizuri to develop these initial solutions, and are eager to develop additional Test Drives with other partners. We believe these Test Drives are invaluable, they enable partners to use their expertise in pulling together complete solutions to solve complex customer challenges and illustrate how easily customers can use these tools to migrate to the cloud.”
Terry Wise, director, Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, AWS
“AWS Test Drive is an exciting program to help drive sales and open new business opportunities with AWS. With the AWS Test Drive labs, customers can register and experience an evaluation of enterprise software solutions using the self-paced hands-on lab platform in a matter of minutes, as opposed to days or weeks. Once a customer completes the AWS Test Drive, they can quickly move to production by working with sponsoring partners. We are excited for Red Hat to launch these new test drive labs and to expand this opportunity to many more Red Hat partners.”
Matt Van Bergen, chief technology officer, CITYTECH, Inc.
"We are excited to launch the Red Hat JBoss BPM Test Drive on AWS. Leveraging the work we’ve done with Red Hat on AWS, CITYTECH is making available to the general public an instantly-provisioned instance of Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite to enable users to test the platform without any strings attached. Not only are Test Drives changing the way enterprise software is evaluated, it is also proving the concept of enterprise middleware-as-a-service."
Erik Wallin, co-founder and chief operating officer, Shadow-Soft
“We are very proud to announce the launch of the Shadow-Soft Managed Red Hat JBoss BRMS + RTI Test Drive on AWS. Many enterprise customers are seeking an alternative to inflexible and costly proprietary BRMS solutions. This unique product combination enables users to quickly and easily explore the advantages of Red Hat’s flexible, open business rules management system with real-time management and application performance-monitoring capabilities through JBoss Operations Network and RTI. AWS Test Drive enables us to deploy this complex IT environment in the cloud in a matter of minutes allowing the user to focus on what matters most - evaluating the software for their production use."
Joe Dickman, senior vice president, Vizuri
"We are excited to launch the Red Hat and ownCloud ‘Liberate Your Files’ Test Drive on AWS. Organizations are looking to gain greater efficiencies and deliver innovative business solutions by leveraging cloud services, but are hampered by the technology adoption curve. Vizuri’s Test Drive enables organizations to reduce the time and complexity associated with evaluating next-generation technologies while accelerating a business’s proof-of-value. Built on a solid foundation of Red Hat Storage, OpenShift by Red Hat, and ownCloud, Vizuri delivers the next-generation of cloud storage that can be deployed anywhere — including your datacenter, public clouds, and private clouds. With the integration of some of the best open source technologies, our solution provides secure, open, and flexible access to your data without having to let it roam free ‘in the wild.’ With a record of accomplishment in delivering innovative, cloud-based solutions, Vizuri stands ready to help companies realize the business value that AWS has to offer."
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat on AWS
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.