Red Hat has been positioned by Gartner as a Challenger in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ on DevOps platforms. Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ research methodology provides a graphical competitive positioning of four types of technology providers in fast-growing markets: Leaders, Visionaries, Niche Players, and Challengers. Providers are evaluated based on ability to execute and completeness of vision.
Red Hat offers a full stack platform powered by Red Hat® OpenShift® and Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform to enable more secure DevOps practices, helping your development teams work more efficiently and supporting innovation.
Key DevOps solutions:
- Red Hat® OpenShift® is a hybrid cloud application platform powered by Kubernetes that delivers a consistent experience for operations and DevOps teams alike across use cases. Practice agile development and DevSecOps methodologies with on-premise, hybrid cloud, and edge architectures for a unified experience.
- OpenShift allows organizations to employ continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) to automate the build, test, and deployment stages of applications across on-premises and public cloud platforms.
- Red Hat Ansible® Automation Platform automates the services and applications in your DevOps toolchain, leading to more reliable deployments. Once one person on your team learns how to do something, they can capture their solution in an Ansible Playbook and enable everyone to use it.
- OpenShift and Red Hat Trusted Software Supply Chain help teams build security into the software development life cycle by ensuring security controls are integrated early and often, from development to software delivery and runtime. This helps create a trusted software supply chain without inhibiting deployment velocity.
- OpenShift GitOps enables DevOps teams to implement GitOps workflows. Updates and changes are pushed through declarative code, automating infrastructure and deployment requirements and helping organizations to realize faster, more secure, scalable software development.
- Red Hat’s robust partner ecosystem and integrated solutions provide flexibility for developers to choose the tools and apps that work best for them.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and MAGIC QUADRANT is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Red Hat.