Maximize the value of your entire service chain
Automation is essential to the modern IT organization, but many companies often lack the right tools to help them launch new automation projects swiftly and efficiently.
Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform lets you automate a wide variety of IT processes through Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collections that are tested, trusted, and reusable. Ansible Automation Platform offers more than 125 Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collections that can help you automate solutions across your ecosystem, including automation for key functions and even full processes.
Deliver an enhanced service and support experience
Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) helps you create new automation workflows based on ServiceNow ITSM, while establishing a single source of truth in the ServiceNow configuration management database (CMDB).
With the Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow ITSM, you can:
- Automate change requests. Use Ansible Playbooks to automate ServiceNow ITSM requests, including reporting change results and all information related to those changes. Your service representatives can simply kick off an Ansible Playbook to resolve common requests and reduce rote, repetitive tasks.
- Automate incident response. Assets in the Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow ITSM support automatic updates to incident tickets to provide a consistent audit trail. Your team can also streamline the required steps for issue remediation and apply them at scale.
- Provide full “closed loop” automation. Simplify the opening, advancement, and resolution of IT service management workflow items while keeping relevant and accurate information flowing into the CMDB across disparate users, teams, and assets. Ensure that infrastructure information is always up to date, actionable, and auditable while work is completed by cross-domain teams that may or may not have access to ServiceNow.
Balance digital transformation and agility with accountability and governance
With Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow ITSM, you can transform and modernize IT service management processes while maintaining strict auditability and control. You will empower your entire organization with role-based access and integration with ITSM workflows. You can orchestrate development, testing, and production of systems and applications without sacrificing control.
This Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection supports an integrated two-way flow of information between the two systems to ensure data integrity within the ServiceNow CMDB. Processes started by ServiceNow team members use the Ansible spoke plugin to trigger jobs, and other actions in Ansible automation controller.
Automation events, such as unplanned maintenance or remediation, can also be managed within Ansible by operations users who do not have access to ServiceNow ITSM. The Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection can trigger a job template from Ansible to query information from the ServiceNow CMDB, update the Ansible inventory, execute the required actions, then advance or close the ServiceNow request without relying on your operations team for timeliness and accuracy.
The latest features of Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow ITSM give your Ansible Automation Platform users the ability to add record attachments in the module, apply specific filters to your records, update multiple CMDB assets items at once, and much more. Gather facts, then enrich and update CMDB information as changes occur within your automation workflows. Let the system generate and update incident tickets with detailed information so that if your automation fails, you have the data you need to track, review, and correct issues.
The collection provides closed loop automation between ServiceNow ITSM and Ansible Automation Platform workflows without time-consuming manual intervention. Using Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow ITSM, Ansible Automation Platform workflows can open, close, and update service requests, incidents, problems, and change requests.
Enabling interoperability with ServiceNow ITSM and the Ansible Automation Platform can deliver the best of two worlds—a modern service management system combined with flexible automation for required actions and a trusted source of configuration information about IT assets that do not require time-consuming manual intervention.
Ready to get started?
Ansible Automation Platform customers can access this collection and many others in the Ansible automation hub on console.redhat.com. Users of ServiceNow ITSM releases, Rome and later, must also install the Ansible application programming interface (API) for ServiceNow ITSM available at no-cost in the ServiceNow store.
If you’re new to Ansible Automation Platform, visit us online to discover how Red Hat Ansible Certified Content Collection for ServiceNow can help you refine your ITSM operations so you can keep your focus on your top strategic priorities.
- Accelerate your service workflows
- Unite teams across your organization
- Complete repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy
- Optimize IT service availability