Red Hat innovation awards
We don't like to brag—unless it's about our customers
Our customers make inspiring improvements that affect their lines of business, organizations, and even the global community. Red Hat honors select customers each year through the Red Hat® Innovation Awards program.
From July to September, customers can nominate themselves for an award, or they can be nominated by others. To request your nomination form, email the Red Hat Customer Reference team: email@example.com
Our panel of industry-expert judges will review and score the nominations (an average of 60 per year), narrowing them down to the top 4 winning projects that meet our Innovation Awards criteria for outstanding success with open source technology. The winners will be publicly announced and showcased during Red Hat Summit 2024.
From the 4 winners, the 2024 Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be selected by the community through online voting. The winner will be announced during Red Hat Summit 2024.
Read the 2024 Red Hat Innovation Awards terms and conditions for complete details.
Note: English submissions only.
Red Hat Innovation Awards submissions will be judged against 5 criteria, which are listed below. Judges will score each submission, and those that receive the highest scores across all criteria will be the 4 winners.
- Business impact: How is your project directly benefiting your organization? Is it impacting another line of business or return on investment (ROI)? Do data points show increased productivity, cost, or time savings? Share details about the project’s measurable impact.
- Digital transformation: Has your organization gone through a migration, optimized your existing IT, integrated apps or business processes, or quickly built more modern apps? Has it moved to the cloud (public, private, or hybrid), and are you using AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google? Clearly articulate why you needed to transform, share details of your journey, and illustrate where your organization is now by showing us the before and after.
- Openness: Is your project leading innovation by building an open source culture, contributing to community projects, fostering DevOps, or promoting diversity, collaboration, and meritocracy? Is the project using open source technology to support a broad range of applications and business services? Tell us about it.
- Community impact or influence: How is your IT making a difference in the lives of others? Are you improving the daily experiences of your customers, end users, or employees? Are you influencing an organization or agency to impact communities or your society?
- Cool factor: Does your project have a uniqueness and distinct vision showing innovation, creativity, and originality that we haven’t seen or heard of before?
Red Hat Innovation Awards winners will receive:
- An opportunity to participate in activities during Red Hat Summit.
- Inclusion in the Red Hat Innovation Awards winner announcement.
- Promotion through Red Hat’s website, social media channels, and marketing campaigns.
- Publicity in top industry publications.
- A chance to be included in other Red Hat Innovators in the Open activities throughout the year.
July 17, 2023: Nominations open
September 10, 2023: Last day for submissions
October 2023: Winners notified
April/May 2024: Voting for Innovator of the Year begins
May 2024: Red Hat Innovation Awards winners and Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be recognized at Red Hat Summit
Ashesh Badani, Senior Vice President, Product, Red Hat
Stefanie Chiras, Senior Vice President, Partner Ecosystem Success, Red Hat
Leigh Day, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
Alberto Iglesias Fraga, Deputy director, DISRUPTORES E INNOVADORES (D+I) at EL ESPAÑOL
Mithun T. Dhar, Vice President & GM, Developer Business Unit, Red Hat
Sean Michael Kerner, Freelance Journalist
Stephanie Wonderlick, Vice President, Brand Experience, Red Hat
Dave Ferrell, Senior Vice President, Global Enterprise Sales, Red Hat
Jennifer Thomson |AVP| Cloud Innovation and Services Europe, IDC
Shuchi Sharma, Vice President and Chief Diversity Equity & Inclusion Officer
KPMG built the Resource Integration Suite (KRIS) Connected Platform to help state governments serve their residents. By connecting monolithic legacy applications to modern architectures, the KRIS platform provides more comprehensive access to key government services and can be implemented for other challenges and industries.
2023 Red Hat Innovation Awards winners
Each year, a panel of judges narrows down a pool of global nominees to 4 Red Hat Innovation Awards winners. Learn more about the 2023 Red Hat Innovation Awards winners' stories.
Airbus developed a digital marketplace to support its sustainability focus and encourage its teams to share unused assets internally. By creating a scalable, security-proof foundation, Airbus is able to improve its environmental impact.
To become the most responsive bank in its financial market, Banco Galicia created an AI-based natural language processing model built on Red Hat technologies. The new platform reduced time to verify corporate clients from three weeks to minutes, and it has cut onboarding times from 20 days to minutes with 90% accuracy.
Verizon’s 5G transformation supports a wide range of business models that rely on constant connectivity to drive operations and innovation. Verizon’s solution allows the organization to drive 5G and edge computing innovation faster, delivering a stable platform for customer growth.
The APAC Innovation Awards program honors customers across the region for their success with open source technology, in categories like Digital Transformation, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud native development and more. Select APAC Innovation Awards winners are also submitted to our global program.
The EMEA Honorable Mention award honors customers from the region who developed outstanding submissions for the global Red Hat Innovation Awards program. All members of the EMEA Honorable Mentions program are eligible for our global Innovation Awards program.
EMEA Honorable Mentions will be announced in 2024.
The LATAM Honorable Mention award honors customers from the region who developed outstanding submissions for the global Red Hat Innovation Awards program. All members of the LATAM Honorable Mentions are eligible for our global Innovation Awards program.
Red Hat Innovator of the Year
Red Hat Innovation Awards Winners:
Join Red Hat® Summit for live demos, keynotes, and sessions featuring some of this year's Innovation Award winners.
Open source fuels innovation. This fact is exemplified best by Red Hat’s customers, who are using open source technologies to change the game. We’re proud to call them "innovators in the open" and share their stories.