Learn how to automate Linux system administration tasks with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible and exam (RH295) is designed for Linux system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration.
The Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX294) is included in this offering. This offering is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9 and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 2.2.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible Playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible Automation Platform with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplifying playbook development with Ansible Roles and Ansible Content Collections.
Audience for this course
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automate configuration management
- Ensure consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provision and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrate with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
Prerequisites for this course
Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience.
Outline for this course
- Introduce Ansible
- Describe the fundamental concepts of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform and how it is used, and install Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Implement an Ansible playbook
- Create an inventory of managed hosts, write a simple Ansible playbook, and run the playbook to automate tasks on those hosts.
- Manage variables and facts
- Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
- Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
- Deploy files to managed hosts
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible playbooks.
- Managing complex plays and playbooks
- Write playbooks for larger, more complex plays and playbooks.
- Simplify playbooks with roles
- Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
- Troubleshoot Ansible
- Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
- Automate Linux administration tasks
- Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.
Impact on the organization
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
You will be able to apply automation first principles to solve real-world Linux system and services problems through the effective creation of Ansible playbooks and application of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform. You will gain the skills to automate your workflows, build the foundation for DevOps practices, and learn how to leverage Ansible Automation Platform for developmental efficiencies.