For public sector IT, decentralized legacy systems and applications pose continuous challenges. In addition, the agencies served are further constrained by policies, security guidelines, and cost restraints.
To alleviate this, many public sector IT departments are turning to flexible, innovative, open source middleware, automation, and app platform solutions to modernize development.
Middleware acts as the bridge between applications, databases, operating systems, and other important aspects of the app development and deployment process. Combined with automation solutions—to standardize common tasks—and a platform that works across multiple environments, developers can finally focus on meeting customer demands.
Red Hat’s® solutions allows public sector IT to modernize legacy applications and innovate while meeting security requirements and cost restraints.
A container application platform to develop, host, scale, and deliver container-based apps in the cloud–with enterprise orchestration and pipeline management.
Red Hat JBoss® Middleware is a portfolio of lightweight, cloud-friendly, enterprise-grade products that lets public sector developers work more efficiently and deploy applications and services faster.
Red Hat Open Innovation Labs
Speed up your next application development project. We’ll help your team make use of innovative open source technologies, rapidly build prototypes, do DevOps, and adopt agile. Get started immediately with hands-on guidance from Red Hat’s subject matter experts.
Red Hat helped TMG Health, the largest business process outsourcing provider in the Medicare and Medicaid market, to modernize its legacy application environment.
Red Hat collaborated with Acuity Systems—an IT consulting firm and Red Hat partner—to build an open source platform to provide easier big data analysis.
- Modernizing legacy applications in the public sector with DevOps and cloud
- Microservices architectures: Who owns the data?
- A smarter approach to application modernization
- Accelerating your DevOps Journey in the Public Sector
- The Value of JBoss EAP
- CDG survey—Legacy modernization: Overcoming inflexible and outdated technology
- Video: Containerize legacy applications
- Video: Integration in government
- Video: We are open | Red Hat Open Innovation Labs
- Infographic: Modernizing the monolith: Unlocking the legacy data dilemma
- Analyst paper: Modernizing the monolith: Unlocking the legacy data dilemma
- Analyst paper: Application modernization in government GovLoop pocket guide